Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the whole JCF guitar series come to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the whole JCF guitar series come to be?

Thanks in advance for your help here everyone. I have several questions regarding the whole JCF series considering that I'm still green to all of this and I think the series is awesome by the way.

- How did the series come to fruition. Was it someones idea or was it a group idea. What got it rollin'?

- What caused the series to abruptly end after JCF-01 and what or who brought it back. (It's only been over the last several months, thanks to Curt, that I came to hear about the JCF series and learn about JCF-02. He has been awesome in showing me the ropes so to speak about Jackson/Charvel and there history).

- Why was the first JCF guitar chosen to be what it was and I may have read this before that it was because it was really Randy Rhoads that pretty much put Jackson on the map and got them started but is that true or are there other reasons as well.

- A second question to the one above. Why wasn't the original Concorde done instead, since it really was the very first guitar produced for Randy and thus so influential or was that because there were already LTD's out there.

- This might be an unusual question but was the purpose of the JCF series? Was it created as a tribute to specifc artists and there quitars which I feel is a pretty amazing thing

- How does Jackson/Fender feel about this? Are they real supportive about it? They sure get kudos from me for allowing it to happen. It definately is a step in the right direction for us Jackson/Charvel fanatics I feel.

I know I have a few more questions but can't think of any right now...it's 2 in the morning. Thanks for all of your help in teaching me this information and I hope these questions are not considered too repetitive due to being asked or answered in other threads. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I Wanna Fish [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: How did the whole JCF guitar series come to be?

JCF members: we want special Jacksons!

Jackson execs: NO!!

JCF members: *has hard-core sex with JCF admins and execs*

JCF execs: uh...okay!

True story, but those certain men who took one for them team shall remain anonymous. I wasn't one though, which is probably why they won't tell me the price.

Comment

Whachooo talkin' 'bout Willis??
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by YouThinkYourFish?:
        Thanks in advance for your help here everyone. I have several questions regarding the whole JCF series considering that I'm still green to all of this and I think the series is awesome by the way.

- How did the series come to fruition. Was it someones idea or was it a group idea. What got it rollin'?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">rob witte, who was one of the original admins had the idea, and consulted with jackson about doing an annual series for the board only, limited to 25 pieces. after a few months, it happened, and jcf 01 was underway.

- What caused the series to abruptly end after JCF-01 and what or who brought it back. (It's only been over the last several months, thanks to Curt, that I came to hear about the JCF series and learn about JCF-02. He has been awesome in showing me the ropes so to speak about Jackson/Charvel and there history).
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">many things brought the series to a screaming halt, but mainly the refusal by jackson to continue the series with the special jcf serial number. after some personnel moves occurred at fmic, we were able to get the serial #/series back. special thanks to brian mcdonald for that.

- Why was the first JCF guitar chosen to be what it was and I may have read this before that it was because it was really Randy Rhoads that pretty much put Jackson on the map and got them started but is that true or are there other reasons as well.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes, but to me, the series isn't really just artist models, but historical jacksons. yes, many of them were artist models, but many that are into c/j history would agree that the missing 1983 namm rhoads is a pretty rare and odd little guitar with a lot of history/mystery

- A second question to the one above. Why wasn't the original Concorde done instead, since it really was the very first guitar produced for Randy and thus so influential or was that because there were already LTD's out there.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, but again, we're not mainly looking to do artist models, and yes, the LTDs were already made, and we wouldn't have been able to do that model anyway. again, it's more history than artist related, but sometimes that goes hand in hand.

- This might be an unusual question but was the purpose of the JCF series? Was it created as a tribute to specifc artists and there quitars which I feel is a pretty amazing thing
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i think i've pretty much covered this part already...

- How does Jackson/Fender feel about this? Are they real supportive about it? They sure get kudos from me for allowing it to happen. It definately is a step in the right direction for us Jackson/Charvel fanatics I feel.

I know I have a few more questions but can't think of any right now...it's 2 in the morning. Thanks for all of your help in teaching me this information and I hope these questions are not considered too repetitive due to being asked or answered in other threads. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I Wanna Fish [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, FMIC is supportive of it, and the jcf, but they're also certainly interested in selling guitars... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i hope that sheds some light on the subject.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sully with the board doubling in size since I joined in feb, and fmic wanting to sell guitars do you see there being more slots for future jcf projects? Say 50 or so?

Comment

dunno, really... that's a big jump. honestly, the old ezboard was about this size too.

i'd say that there certainly would be the possibility of an increased number, but i think that it would be in smaller increments.

jmo
            sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully for clarifying all of that. Much appreciated.....And you other guys.....I agree with Tekky...sick!sick!sick!sick!sick!sick...

On an additional note, MudKicker, hhat was a great question and one that I wanted to ask also but I think the series should maybe be kept kind of small to keep its prestige but that's just my opinion. I know I wont be saying that if I cant get into the series and would want the numbers increased so I could.

Fish I Win.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the prestige between a 30 guitar run and a 50 guitar run wouldn't be that much different, in my opinion. It's still a very limited run with an extremely small ability to get one (in the bigger scheme of things).

But honestly, you'd have to gauge demand. Judging by the number of people who have said they were "in" or wanted to be in, it doesn't look like there would be enough people to justify a 50 guitar run of JCF-02.

I guess the trick with keeping a prestige factor is producing at least one fewer than the market will bear. That way it's still exclusive since at least one person who wanted one and had the means ends up without one. If everyone who wants one and can afford it and get it, I guess it's not quite as "exclusive" or "prestigious".

Comment

I agree with ya there...
                  ...Sounds logical to me.

Fish is Fish [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:

True story, but those certain men who took one for them team shall remain anonymous. I wasn't one though, which is probably why they won't tell me the price.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now just hold on there, buddy. You should get your facts straight before saying things like this. JCF members had to hump Sharon Osbourne. It's all in her new book.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now just hold on there, buddy. You should get your facts straight before saying things like this. JCF members had to hump Sharon Osbourne. It's all in her new book.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm sure you're right.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

..Wait a sec... "Hard core sex"? As if there's some other kind? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Or are you a subscriber to the Bill Clinton sexual dictionary? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You all are some sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick people!!!!!!
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

..Wait a sec... "Hard core sex"? As if there's some other kind? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Or are you a subscriber to the Bill Clinton sexual dictionary? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it refers to the amount of details Sharon would include in her new book

Comment

The "prestige" or "exclusivity" snobbery was not a factor in the series' creation (IIRC) - there was no intent, that I recall, to create a 'clique' collection.
                              Personally, I'm not in this to be in a clique or for any snobbish "prestige" - it's a USA Jackson; it's got all the prestige it needs in that fact alone.

The subject was brought up about Jackson's "turning-point" or "milestone" guitars - the guitars that truly define Jackson and Charvel and set them apart from the other brands. Shortly thereafter, the admins (led by Rob Witte) presented the JCF YCE series/idea/concept and asked the board if there'd be enough interest from buyers, because AMIC had said they wouldn't do it unless all the guitars would be sold.

Also, if I recall, the original plan was to make 50 guitars - 25 for the JCF buyers at the special price, and the other 25 would be split among the dealers to be sold at full price, and they would not have the JCF serials.
                              That changed when AMIC felt they couldn't sell all of them, so it was dropped back to 25.

As for expanding the series to 50 for 02 or 03, I doubt Jackson would go for that now as it's too large of an order to go unnoticed by the other dealers, who would definately pitch a ***** about being left out of a limited run (which they would think they could mark up to $3000).

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X