I predict more classifieds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I predict more classifieds!!

That's a GREAT idea, too. Though, arguably, Beck's pink Soloist was more significant (saw in the videos, a few magazine covers, Jeff seemed to play it more, etc.), I'd rather go for the orange one. Overall, much cooler looking IMHO. And it was Floyd'd. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

It has to be done with a switchblade though - no copping out with a dremel [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I thought Vergat had a Vinnie V, hence the initals could work for either player? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here's one of Vic Vergat's Vs from the Jackson Museum:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Interesting [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
          In a sick sorta way [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh I dunno, I kind of like it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Ah yes, 1001 - I thought that looked odd when I first posted "0001" - but that would be the first non-Rhoads bolt-on Jackson, right? Anyone know what it was? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc, 1001 was the first serialized SD Charvel. Not a Jackson, bud.

Don't know if you remember it from a year or more ago, but there was a thread about it being up for sale. IIRC, the owner is a bit of a lunatic who periodically teases people with putting it up for sale with a big ticket figure, only later to pull the rug out from under the deal. I believe that's happened on at least a couple of occassions and, last time, Yogadork even got to examine the axe in person. She's been heavily modded, I think. Replaced neck (ebony board now, IIRC), bridge, etc.

Comment

yeah pat, you're dead on...yoga actually made the move to buy it, but the seller punked out.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

1001 was the 1st serialized San Dimas Charvel?

Were there other Charvels at that point?

And that pink and black V is fugly.

Comment

They are called "prepro," by most guys, meaning preproduction. I'm sure slo 100, Hossman, Chuckracer or my good friend KMaynard could elaborate further on the topic better than I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                      1001 was the 1st serialized San Dimas Charvel?

Were there other Charvels at that point?

And that pink and black V is fugly.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. But basically everything up until 1001 is considered a pre-pro. 1001 was the first serialized production guitar.

And, yeah. As cool as Vic's Vs were, that graphic hurts my eyes. It's like the sun - you need [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] just to look at it directly. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, so Pre Pro Charvels, are they pretty rare?

And more over, what were like the stats for them, was it all different, or were they cookie cutter guitars?

Comment

If you want more info. on SD Charvels and pre-pros, I'd suggest you start doing some hanging out at Charvel Central:

http://pub82.ezboard.com/bcharvelcentral

There's a lot of info. and experts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                            Okay, so Pre Pro Charvels, are they pretty rare?

And more over, what were like the stats for them, was it all different, or were they cookie cutter guitars?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So called Prepro's and serialized charvels were not considered cookie cutters. Each guitar was a custom and hand built ...
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

how about the lynch russian sub camo
                              or warren's blood drip with the skull?
                              do one of those and i will buy two of them!!!
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

DJM the only dinky RR i liked was spitz quilt maple(toppped) one, i hated the comic graphics. & yes Jeff Becks orange soloist would be awesome or Vias yellow one with the eyes.

BTW wasnt scott ian NOT 12fret guitar an ESP

& unless the lynch tiger was done right orange to creme, ide rather see a vivian cambell since you just dont see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X