X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost the pickupcover in my model1

hi
    anyone knowing that problem?
    last saturday i lost the pickupcover in my model 1 [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    at first i didn´t realize it exactly and only changed the guitar because somthing was very strange feeling [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    but after the show i saw the pickupcover was "hangin loose" [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    what can i do about it, stick it on easily?
    i think there´s too much feedback now without the cover , is that possible?
    thanks for your help guys

Re: lost the pickupcover in my model1

You are speaking of the black plastic cover, yes? If so, there is no problem with it on or off. Some on this Forum swear by the fact that the guitar sounds better with the cover removed. I have not found this to be the case at all. It really is a cosmetic issue. You can reattach the cover with glue placed sparinginly on the inside of the cover. Won't be a problem either way.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe, I don't think it's the cover that causes trouble with the sound, it's what type of glue you use.
      [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

If you are getting feedback with the cover off I bet your windings got a little loose and your pickup went microphonic. Putting the cover back on will only delay the ineveitable fact that your pickup may need to be potted. PM me if you need it done. I can reinstall the cover afterwards too if you want.

Comment

Nah. It's probably just fine. The covers actually drop the output a bit, and that little extra jump is probably just enough to annoy his amp. I've used many types of Jackson pickups both with and without covers, and the ones without have a tendency to be REALLY bright (to my ears, anyway).

But, you never know. It could be unwinding as we speak for all I know. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X