Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a new bridge pickup, but what should i get ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new bridge pickup, but what should i get ??

I have a Jacksoin PS1, and although the Bridge humbucker is ok, its nowhere near as hot as the DiMarzio Evolution, i used to play in my Jem. Can anyone recommend a good pickup ? i was looking at some, was thinking maybe a PAF Pro, an X2N, an Invader, or a Seymour Duncan Distortion

have you changed your pups ?? if so what to ?

thanx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: I want a new bridge pickup, but what should i get ??

The previous owner of my Soloist Pro had installed a Duncan Custom, which I replaced with a Duncan Full Shred. I also replaced the stock Screamin' Demon in my DR2 with a Full Shred. On some of my other Jacksons, I've gone with the JB.

Overall, the Full Shred is my favorite, but I also like the DiMarzio PAF Pro and will be trying out a Steve's Special in the project guitar I'm working on.
    sigpic

Comment

X2N is the best thrash/death pu for my taste!

Comment

Like Mordor said the X2N. It's a powerful pickup, great low end and high end. IMO one of the best pickups made.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
          The previous owner of my Soloist Pro had installed a Duncan Custom, which I replaced with a Duncan Full Shred. I also replaced the stock Screamin' Demon in my DR2 with a Full Shred. On some of my other Jacksons, I've gone with the JB.

Overall, the Full Shred is my favorite, but I also like the DiMarzio PAF Pro and will be trying out a Steve's Special in the project guitar I'm working on.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">how's that Fullshred? Is it very bright?

Comment

if it's basswood, neglect this post, but if it is other wood: Steve's special: nice low end, screaming high end, definition till you drop. for an idea, listen to six degrees of inner turbulence and train of thoughts by dream theater. That is in a basswood guitar, my model 6 has more bottem end with it then the EBMM john petrucci plays with, but it gives a nice idea. (ok, it is not a SS john plays with nowadays, but it is really close)

Harrald

Comment

I will always vote for the Distortion. It is a more versatile pickup than the name suggests. It sounds great in my 650XL which is maple neck through with poplar wings. It will depend on the body wood and the style of music you play. But, give that pickup some seious thought.

Comment

2 words....duncan Invader
                you wont be sorry.

Comment

EMG 81,Thats the way to go.I have 4 guitars soon it will be 5 and thats what every one has in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                  X