Jackson Neon Sign? Rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Neon Sign? Rare?

Brooks, why not to ask Dan and find out?

I have never seen this but there is another neon,it is popular oneand is on sale as well.
    Check Eastonguitars.

Re: Jackson Neon Sign? Rare?

The one Kevin has for sale are more common. I've never seen one like this one, and yes it's Dan's auction. I would trust it to be genuine without a second thought.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Brooks, I would be careful... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If you find out that "d.painter" is in fact Dan L., then I wouldnt think twice. But if it is just some sign painter, I would ask a few questions. The pic in the auction shows a paint tarp, and a 5 gal bucket of ex. grade BEHR paint (sometimes used for wall graphics & signs). I'm not sure if Dan paints signs anymore. I have been in & out of the sign industry for for 18 years. Sign people network their talents. A good neon man could duplicate that sign with ease...Thus the term "Dupe". I hate to sound paranoid, but I have seen sign guys duplicate lic. plates, handicap parking permits, neon signs, & other stuff. Maybe shoot Kevin Easton, or GMW guitars an email, they may know if it's Dan
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Sign guys... I have seen many fake banners and logos as examples.
        I want a Jackson banner for my room but don't wanta fake cheap one.
        Anyone knows where I can get a real one?
        E-bay?

Comment

I want the Charvel Jackson sign in the SRV - Little Wing vid.

Comment

I want both those types of neon signs sooo bad, but even though this one is rarer (first I've seen) I prefer the other round one....

Being overseas it's probalby best for me to get them duped so they'll actually WORK over here....

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
              Brooks, I would be careful... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If you find out that "d.painter" is in fact Dan L., then I wouldnt think twice. But if it is just some sign painter, I would ask a few questions. The pic in the auction shows a paint tarp, and a 5 gal bucket of ex. grade BEHR paint (sometimes used for wall graphics & signs). I'm not sure if Dan paints signs anymore. I have been in & out of the sign industry for for 18 years. Sign people network their talents. A good neon man could duplicate that sign with ease...Thus the term "Dupe". I hate to sound paranoid, but I have seen sign guys duplicate lic. plates, handicap parking permits, neon signs, & other stuff. Maybe shoot Kevin Easton, or GMW guitars an email, they may know if it's Dan
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Relax, d.painter is in fact Dan Lawrence. I know this from the auctions in which he was selling some of his graphics catalogs. It is Dan 'da Man!!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Jackson Neon Sign? Rare?

Does anyone know how many were made? I have not seen many, and just saw this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

I have only seen 1 or 2.....

Thanks
                Brooks
                www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Cool sign. Not sure how many were made. I'm pretty sure that's Dan Lawrence's E-bay handle, though, so it's legit.

Comment

Wow! Dan Lawrence is even the seller!

Edit:I posted at the same time as you shreddermon, sorry about that.

Comment

I threw a bid on for the heck of it. Its a cool sign. I bet it is going to fetch a few bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                        Edit:I posted at the same time as you shreddermon, sorry about that.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No prob., Jim. You owe me a Coke, though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've seen a few. It looks real enough. However a buddy of mine owns a neon shop down the road and claims he can make anything. It's pretty cool though.

Hey, I've got some banners stashed form the old daze. I think I have about 25 Charvels and maybe 10-12 jacksons. I even have some of the original small ones stashed away.

Comment

Working...
                          X