Charvel Strathead neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strathead neck

I'm new around here and this is my first post. Back in the mid 80's I bought a couple of necks from Charvel. All maple, strathead, 1 3/4" nut width. The profile of the necks are 3/4" deep and run that measurement the full length of the neck until the heel. Are all the strat head necks made like this? I've played some pointy head Charvels and they started out thin and got fatter towards the heel. I've never played a Strathead Charvel so I don't know if they are like mine. Did the stratheads and pointy heads have different profiles? Also, when GMW makes a strathead CHarvel style neck, how is the profile on them? Any help would be appreciated. Steve

Re: Charvel Strathead neck

GMW makes several shapes of Charvel necks.
    If you know exactly what you are looking for, they should be able to duplicate it.
    I own(and have owned) several GMW guitars with Charvel replica necks.
    Also some Older San Dimas guitars with strathead necks.
    GMW makes great necks.
    Only the difference is is newwhen Older necks usually played and have broken in feel.

Comment

Steve,

Welcome! Charvel necks can vary. 1 5/8 nut yo 1 3/4. Super thin to chunck necks. Are yours 21 or 22 fret?

Kev
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Mine are 22 fret necks. Bought them in the mid 80's. They are both identical even though I got them at different times. Just wondering how consistent GMW is with their necks. I really prefer mine as they are 3/4" thick the entire length of the neck and was hoping GMW can make them like that. I'd like to build a couple more guitars. I have a couple Warmoth's but they are a bit differnt even though they have the same specs.

Comment

Working...
        X