Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW CAMO!!!

didn't know where to place this post...anyways

how much do you guys think it would be for a 3 color camo paint job on my 76' les paul custom...
    i dont like cherry burst...

thanx

Re: GMW CAMO!!!

Hi There.
    I would say $500 or less.
    Depending on how much graphic you want.
    Just the front or back also.and what about the back of the neck and so on.
    Send e-mail to Lee at GMW and get an estimate is the fast way.

Comment

Hey.. I'm having a 4 color urban camo done right now by GMW on a BC Rich Gunslinger. Paint job cost around $350 if I remember, not including old finish removal.

Rich

Comment

At GMW, I always thought the "graphic" price was in addition to a standard paint job fee. ($165 or so for a body I think??)

Plus,like ya just said, stripping the old finish. I think that's $50.

I could be wrong...and that would not be a big surprise. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

At GMW, I always thought the "graphic" price was in addition to a standard paint job fee. ($165 or so for a body I think??)
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I thought too.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My guess would be probably closer to $600 - $700, since it is a set neck guitar (They would probably have to treat it as a neck through), but ask GMW for a definitive price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I know someone who does it for something like $200,- (unless he raised prizes), but that is in the netherlands.

Harrald

Comment

Not trying to steer you away from GMW, but you do realize if you repaint a Custom, no matter how nice it is painted or what you paint on it, you will decrease it's value by about $500.

Matt

Comment

nice to know, but not everyone worries about the resale of their guitars [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] And with the current Zakk Wylde camo guitar, he may actually up his if he wishes to sell it.

"Go custom shop for 1000's less!"

Could work both ways.

Not to bust your balls Matt.

Comment

yeah refin's no matter how good usually lower value by 35-50%. & it may not be that expensive if you only get the front done.

Comment

But would GMW just do the front? If they strip it, wouldn't they just do the whole body? I don't know, I just assumed I guess and you know what that does........... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It would be a tradegy to kill a cherry burst 76 custom with a refin in camo. The pic of the guitar is beautiful.It would also look terrible in camo with gold hardware which means all the hardware would need to be changed too. If you really want a camo Les Paul, buy a studio or a standard that needs some TLC and have it refinned.

Comment

yes i understand....but i want a custom in camo....

oh well.....im selling her now...

Comment

What is the quality of the GMW paintjobs? Would it stand up to the finish on a USA Select from the factory?

Comment

Working...
                            X