Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA or Import Charvel? where is this from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA or Import Charvel? where is this from?

hi guys,
    because i can´t find anything about this axe, i must ask you again.
    you guys helped me out several times before, so i think you´ll match this one too.
    here is the picture:

it is an emg 81 pu installed, which is not the original one. on the head there stands: CHARVEL by charvel/jackson, so i think it is a japan model. am i right? an what kind of wood is this?
    and maybe you know, how many were made of this?! the seller says i would be a 88 limited, i this true?
    thanx alot.

Re: USA or Import Charvel? where is this from?

Yup,it's a Import 88 Limited,I believe the body is Mahogany!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

That is in fact a model 88. Japanese made in 1988, and only 1000 produced. Mahogany body, and someone added the extra control for the EMG. Damn nice axe bro, and a keeper!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

wow you´re fast in replying!

how much is it worth? the seller want about $915.-
        which is 750.- euro.
        is this too much or a fair deal?

and one more question:
        on the other hand i maybe could get a denimblue jackson 88 limited (usa i think).
        should i save up for the jackson?

Comment

The 88s seem to be worth about 350 to 450 US in todays market. (although I saw a couple go for around a grand a year or so ago) For that money I'd buy the USA Jackson.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Tis been modified...

The model 88 only had a volume control and a JT-6 tremolo...

<center>

</center>
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I had one of these back in the day (ser #121). Nice players - and they are African Ribbed Mahagony if I remember correctly.
              If you're buying to play - cool, though that price seems a bit steep to me. If you're buying it as a collectible - the modifcication hurts a bit IMO.

Comment

It's actually African Ribbon Mahogany wood. The one in your picture is actually a very nice example of this wood too! It is now a "protected" wood and is not used any longer but has great tone. Could I have said "wood" a few more times? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Great guitars!!

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Several comments that most of you will likely ignore here. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] First of all, 1000 of those guitars is not truly limited. Even the USA version, of which only 500 were slated for production, is a play on the word limited. In 1988, all Jackson USA guitars were custom made, so when the LTD '88 USA strat came out with 500 produced, it was a play on the word, "limited." Do you realize they purposely built 500 of the exact same color, same design guitar? This from a company that prided itself on one offs.

1000 of the Charvel made versions is also a high quantity, although it's lower than the numbers produced in other models, say the Model 1 for example. In other words, for a Custom Shop one off builder to create 500 (or a 1000) of the same exact guitar was totally "un"limited.

Finally, there is no such thing as collectability among Japanese Charvels in terms of market collection. Sure, some of us on this Forum enjoy having many of these guitars, but it's not truly a collectable. Look at the sad facts if you don't see it that way: we represent most of Earth's customers for these guitars, and we currently number around 2000 strong. Probably not even that many of us seek out Japanese Charvels anyway, so the the term "collectable" is unwarranted. Now, go eat a biscuit, think it over, and let me know your thoughts...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Finally I agree with Joe on something...........But dont think I will ever agree with you on the licking of guitars..........Weirdo...........

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                      The worst made USA Jackson, made by the worst employee on the worst day after the worst QC check will still be worth more than the finest Charvel ever made.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you're talking about the import Charvels. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

oh thanx guys!
                        o.k.
                        1) because of the mods it is not more an original
                        2) the price is too high
                        3) i will save up for the blue jackson LTD 88
                        4) i own a charvel san dimas I reissue, a charvel 375 dlx import, a jackson dinky reverse and alot of other good guitars. so i will look for the usa jackson or the price for the charvel must go down!
                        [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

right? any other suggestions? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you're talking about the import Charvels. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, Tekky I was. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I see that a lot of us ate some biscuits and did some positive thinking! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I didn't eat any biscuits, but I floated plenty of air biscuits.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X