Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA or Import Charvel? where is this from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA or Import Charvel? where is this from?

I often wonder if older stock finished USA Jackson's will truely appreciate and not just ride along the lines of intrinsic value and inflation. Taking into account for inflation and the buying power of a dollar, most USA Jackson guitars made almost 20 years ago today are worth much less than they sold for new.

Comment

Thats true.

I picked up my 96 DK1 in almost flawless condition for $535.00 with case.. I wonder if it could fetch even $600.00..

Comment

There are a few Japanese guitars that have collector value, but not too many. For the most part, you're right 100%.

Hey Joe, how much is my pre pro fernan-der-squi-jac-krame-ric-harvel-hamer-serial numbered neck plate on the neck through body tokai worth? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe is right.. even though I wish he wasn't.

We need to distinguish between desireable and collectable.

Most Charvel/Jackson fans tend to find the Charvel Model series and early 90ies imports such as the 650, 750 as desirable. That keeps prices at a certain level, a little higher than other Jackson/Charvel imports, like the 275, 375 ect..

HOWEVER, as America is pretty much the largest symbol of western culture.. it stands to reason that for the most part, guitars made in America are the guitars that have the best chance at being "collectable"

Those of us with our import Jacksons/Charvels pretty much have to accept the fact that it is doubtfull any of our guitars will ever be considered valuable by the general guitar market in our lifetimes.

The worst made USA Jackson, made by the worst employee on the worst day after the worst QC check will still be worth more than the finest Charvel ever made.

Just be glad you have an amazing guitar an play it.

And remember, there's still the In dian and Korean guitars to put down..(although not for long perhaps.) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
            will truely appreciate
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">truly
            [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X