Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when is jackson going to realese new models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is jackson going to realese new models?

can i expect there to be any new models out soon?
    i wanna get a japan made Rhoads with neck through, floyd, and neck bindings.
    Should i look for a used or do you know if jackson is going to realese something like this soon? [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: when is jackson going to realese new models?

In about a month from now in Anaheim, CA.

NAMM '04
    Occupy JCF

Comment

do you know if there is a chance they are going to realese a import rhoads with floyd, nech through and binding?

Comment

There's always a chance, but sorry, I'm not privy to that knowledge. I'm chomping at the bit (and I am afraid of flying) to get to NAMM to see what they do unveil.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Dear Santa (Jackson),

If anyone at Jackson is reading this, PLEASE offer a 22 fret Soloist.

24 fret guitars are cool, but there is a big market for 22 fret guitars, as recognized by PRS (Custom 22, etc.), Gibson (pretty much every model), Fender (most models), etc., who would love to buy a 22 fret Soloist. The SL4 was a great model (that was a 22 fret Soloist offered for very briefly - about 1 year, I think - but it was a Japanese model, without ebony fretboard or MOP Jackson logo). The SLATQH is also cool, with its 22 frets and beautiful archtop configuration, but no Floyd Rose!

Since I'm asking, I'd also love it in an archtop with a Floyd Rose, KV2 speed neck profile, EMGs, and the "C" cut contoured neck heel that the SL4 has (and Dinkys, etc.) along with the other trappings of the Soloist (Made in USA, ebony fretboard, MOP inlays, etc.) Personally, I'd prefer a 1H, 1 volume knob arrangement, but I realize that might diminish its widespread marketability, so I'll keep that in my someday-Custom Shop dreams.

Really, I'm just asking for a 22F version of the SL2H.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Also Santa(Jackson), please offer the 22 fret Soloist with a 24.75 scale and just 1 Hum [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Can't you just ignore the 2 extra frets??

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                Can't you just ignore the 2 extra frets??
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It depends. In my case I like the sound of a neck single coil when it's not pushed down by the extra frets. It's not a huge tonal change but I can hear it.

Comment

"Can't you just ignore the 2 extra frets??"

This is an excellent question. I'd really like to, as it would make my guitar life much easier for me to switch to 24 frets (all those readily available SL2Hs I could buy!), but I can't seem to do it. I had a Hamer Californian for awhile (27 frets, actually, but 24 useful ones, with an angled fretboard), and it was a great guitar, but I felt lost in the upper register, and I'd miss notes that I could hit without looking using a 22 fret neck.

I haven't actually had much of a chance to play 24 fret Soloists, but I did sit down with an SL2H at our local music store a few times, and it feels like the neck is extra long. I know it must be psychological because the scale is the same (25.5"), but that's how it feels to me. (How do they differ, anyway? Does anyone know? Where are the fret spaces different, and by how much?)

I have been thinking of getting a cheap 24 fret guitar, like maybe one of the new Korean-made Kramer Barettas, so I can try to get used to it and make the switch, but if Jackson came out with a 22 fret Soloist, it would be easier and more familiar feeling. I also like the idea expressed above of using a 24.75" scale, as I guess that would make the strings feel a bit looser, and bending easier.

Comment

the fret spacing from nut to 22 is no different. The fretboard is just a little longer to accomodate 2 extra frets.

re: the shorter scale. It will feel "looser" if you use the same gauge strings on the shorter scale guitar as you would on a longer one. But I prefer to avoid this by using strings a gauge higher on shorter scaled guitars. So 9s on Fender (25 1/2") scale axes, like my Model series Charvels, and 10s on my Fusions (24 3/4")
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

hey, did I just say FusionS (plural? Man, I love that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X