No announcement yet.

Jackson model designations to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson model designations to change?

I always thought the guitars were what they are...Soloist, Kelly, King V, Rhoads...and the letter/number combination defined the model further. When people ask what Jackson I have, I say a Soloist...I thought the SL-1, or SL-2, and SL-2H just defined the different model types...but I can understand how using the same letters and numbers, T for the string through model Rhoads, and the 2 meaning two different things can be confusing. I don't want any Fender names, though...and I think the imports deserve the Jackson name just as long as it's something to be proud of. I think ESP not putting their own name on their imports is kinda like "we almost don't want to take responsibility for these, or associate them with OUR ESP models..." but from what I hear, you guys seem to like the quality of Jackson imports, so even if I don't like imports, keep the Jackson name if it's worth the praise.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Toby:

I would suggest designations like these:
      - USA Select Series:USA Select Soloist HSS FR, USA Seelect Soloist 2H FR, USA Select Soloist 2H QT TOM, USA Select Dinky HSS FR, USA Select Dinky 2H FR, etc ...
      - Professional series, made in Japan: Professional Soloist HSS, Professional Soloist 2H, Professional Dinky HSS etc ...
      - Standard series, made somewhere in Japan, Korea, India, China or elsewhere in Asia: Standard Soloist, Standard Dinky etc ...

What about reserving the Charvel an Jackson names for USA models only, and naming the non-USA models Squier: Squier Soloist, Squier Dinky etc... ?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While that naming convention may be fine for inventory purposes, I'd slap someone if they told me they had a "USA Select Soloist HSS FR" - it's just entirely too geeky [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Why not add the rest of the specs to the name as well:
      -USA Select Soloist HSS FR 1V/1T/5W EDS Bk Hdwr? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'd make it as uncomplicated as possible: Soloist Custom, Soloist Pro, Soloist Standard. The Custom models are USA made, the Pro models Japanese with USA features (bound ebony or rosewood with fins), and Standard models made in Japan with fewer cosmetic features (i.e. no bound fretboards, dots or plastic/pearloid fins, but the same-quality wood). The Standard line would include the MG, X, and S lines, or put the MG and X models in the Pro series.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

it doesn't matter to me what they call them as long as we know what is USA made or not....we all know a SL-1 is a USA Soloist H-S-S and a SL-2 is a H-H USA Soloist. We also know "professional" and "performers" are imports.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          HSS FR 1V/1T/5W EDS Bk Hdwr? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm pretty sure I'm going to put a set of those on my bike when the Metzelers wear out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Another model name change is what we need... :guh:

Then people will come in here asking... What is it? A Custom KV, a KV2, an American King V Standard... ugh... Change the friggen model names on a yearly basis why don't we? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
              Kelly Esquire
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will that have a pickguard and Tele bridge with a lipstick single coil in the neck? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Um no the Esquire didn't have a neck pup. Other wise it would be a Tele not an Esquire. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              silly boy.
              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                it doesn't matter to me what they call them as long as we know what is USA made or not....we all know a SL-1 is a USA Soloist H-S-S and a SL-2 is a H-H USA Soloist.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I honestly didn't know that. I only have picked up a couple of designations and I still am unclear what model #'s exactly are US and what is import.

Comment

Rough guidline is anything under a 3 is USA. SL1, SL2, WR1, JJ2, etc.

You have a choice. It's either SL1 or Soloist HSS or Soloist Standard. Take your pick. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X