Charvel Model ID help please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model ID help please ?

Hey, I just got a Pearl Charvel and I'm unsure of the model or where it's made. Maybe you guys could help me, if you would. The serial number is at the end of the neck and it's C702788 I think (I'm at work now...) There is a link with the Ebay pic. Thanks in advance, you guys are the best ! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Model ID help please ?

Oops ! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Forgot the link ... !

Charvel from Ebay

Comment

It's a Japanese Model 6 (and I have its twin sitting right here). Sweet, sweet guitars (no need to qualify that statement with "for the money"). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Can you tell me how you determine it's a Model 6 and not a Model 4 ? I ask because the gallery has 2 Model 4's that look just like this. BTW, I need the back cover for this...Anyone have one for me ?

Comment

Model 4: bolt-on neck, unbound fretboard, 22 frets, "Strat" body shape.

Model 6: neck-through "ONE PIECE" <--- clue in auction, bound fretboard, 24 frets, Soloist body shape.

There might be trem differences, and some 4s had dot inlays IIRC.

Here's a Model 4:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

Sleuthing C/J models on eBay is great fun! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Now where's that MOAIP?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks RacerX. Didn't I say you guys were the best ? I like your sarcasm BTW, reminds me of me, whether that's good or bad for either of us. Again, thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              and some 4s had dot inlays IIRC.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You do RC. '86 Model 4s had the Kahler & dots. In '87 they changed to the JT6 with sharkies.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Great guitar! I have one in white also. Fabulous player. The 7 right after the C in your serial number indicates it is a 1987. Check with budman68 for the back cover plate. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

great guitar, and the looks are killer: that aged white is IMO one of the best colours for a soloist

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    Now where's that MOAIP?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...531;p=1#000005
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Ah, didn't see that thread.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Geek,
                        This guitar is actually a Cream Sparkle finish, that's the best I can describe it. Anybody out there have the catalog color that pertains to this. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

it's actually pearl white, but these guitars age to a beautiful creme colour.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X