Case fit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case fit question

My apologies if this question has been asked before (I couldn't find anything when I searched)

I just got a soloist with a non-recessed floyd (JT-6 actually) and I've noticed it doesn't quite fit in the case that came with it (not the original case, the previous owner/seller was very obliging in going out and buying a used SKB jackson/charvel case to ship the guitar in).

The tuners at the tip of the headstock and the tip of the headstock itself 'hits bottom' on the case and keeps the neck from sitting all the way down, so that the guitar is kinda resting on the tip of the headstock and somewhere back down on the body. I tried my SL-1 with a recessed floyd in the case and it fits fine, so I'm guess the difference is the neck angle difference between the recessed and non-recessed floyd. (the guitar was packed with some newspaper around the headstock in the case during shipping, it arrived in great shape)

Is this a problem/bad for the guitar? It kinda makes me nervous (and it seems if nothing else, it could put those couple tuners on the end out of tune, not that that would matter much with the locking nut..) Am I just being paranoid or should I look for a different case? (are there cases made specifically for recessed floyds?)

Re: Case fit question

here's a fairly crappy pic of the new soloist just for fun [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

wow! Nice axe!

I would think that it could be a problem for the guitar. I'm guessing that the lid of the case closes on the guitar okay, since it was shipped in it and arrived safely? Maybe get some foam to place between the neck of the guitar and the neck support, just so the guitar isn't resting all it's weight on the headstock. If you get the right thickness of foam, the neck will be supported, the h/s will be just off the bottom of the case, and the case will still close.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Or just find a used model 5/6 case.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Or just get a new Soloist case. I know what you mean about the standard SKB cases. I had one and returned it, got a new Soloist case thru Jackson, much better!

Nice guitar btw, I have seen it before, I like the colour.

Comment

Working...
          X