Does the DXMG have a rock maple neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the DXMG have a rock maple neck?

I wanted to because some sites say rock maple some just say maple.

Re: Does the DXMG have a rock maple neck?

I'm not sure.
    My DXMG's neck seems just as stable as the other Jacksons I have so I don't really care if it is or not.

Comment

Go to the source:
      The 2002, 2003 catalog and

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tno=DXMG_Dinky

all say Maple
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As far as I know all Jackson necks are quartersawn rock maple. (USA and imports) The only differences are the flamed or birdseye grades which are the same wood cut from a different area of the tree.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by kunal:
          I think only the Select Series are quartersawn, not the imports...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*nods*
          None of the imports are advertised as having quartersawn necks. The exception I think, was the early 90's japanese Pro models from the Professional series.

'bane

Comment

I don't know about how they were advertised but all of my import and USA Charvel and Jackson necks appear to be quartersawn to me. You can tell by looking at the back of the neck, if the growth rings are perpendicular to the width of the neck, it is quartersawn. If you can't see any of the rings or the grain runs straight all the way to the scarf joint it is probably flatsawn.
            In laymen terms, if you lay down a log and start slicing from end to end across its width, you're flatsawing it. If you stood it up on end and split it into 4 equal sections that would be quartersawn.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Not to mention that quartersawn necks are more stable due to the way they are sawn compared to flatsawn necks. It would be wise to always use quartersawn wood for necks if you want to make guitar necks that are resistant to warping.

Comment

I think only the Select Series are quartersawn, not the imports...

Comment

Working...
                X