Transparent Cobalt Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent Cobalt Blue

Does anyone have pictures of the "Transparent Cobalt Blue" finish? I already searched the web and this forum but couldn't find anything. Ok, there's this small square in the new Jackson catalogue, but I would like to see it on a whole guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Transparent Cobalt Blue

look here about halfway down the page.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks..

Indeed she is a beauty!

You can see a few more pics at my website:

Vwall Guitars.com

Please visit the Jackson USA guitars page.

Comment

thanks guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Is it just the lighting or is the color on the edges really fading to black?

Comment

I bought a SL2H-MAH with that finish from KEvin and my brother should be in a plane bringing it over here to Europe right at this moment! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Can't wait to get it.

It seems to be a burst pattern (which would make me very happy [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) although it seemed to be a plain finish on the very crappy pics my brother sent. I'll have to wait and see.

Comment

that's not trans cobalt blue... that's trans blue. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

No actually, it is Trans Cobalt blue...

I had it on order for 3 months. paper work says it, invoice says it and tags say it.

Trans Cobalt Blue.

Perhaps the flash is what is causing an interpretation problem...

Comment

it has the same pattern as my trans black, i thought trans cobalt blue had more of a quilt finish to it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic:
                  it has the same pattern as my trans black, i thought trans cobalt blue had more of a quilt finish to it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's definitely trans cobolt blue, which is a darker shade than plain trans blue, and has a 'burst to black at the edges.

Also, the type of figuring in the wood has nothing to do with the color. A particular color stain is the same, no matter whether it's applied to a flamed or quilted maple top. Quilted maple is only used on the PC1 (w/exclusive colors to that model), SLATQH, maybe one or two others. All other USA Selects - the vast majority of the models - use flamed maple tops on transparent colors.

Comment

Working...
                  X