Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare with a happy ending (skb cases)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare with a happy ending (skb cases)

I teach for a living and we had a holiday presentation prepared for the kids today with the school chorus and several other acts. I decided to play some guitar for them. For preparation, I sat my guitar to the side of the stage, careful to put it where no one could get to it. No one told me the kids chorus group would be getting to the stage that way, and when they were called up, every freakin' one of them thought the guitar case was an extra step! These are middle and high school students. And I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that there was no damage to the guitar. When it was my turn to play, I did my thing, and the guitar was in perfect tune. Reminds me of the old Timex commercials -- "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' ..." In this case, the guitar and the case got a major ass-whoopin', but they're both in excellent condition.

Thanks Jackson!
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Nightmare with a happy ending (skb cases)

Good to hear it can take the abuse. Lousy kids got no respect I tells ya!

Comment

You'd probably be even more scared if you see what UPS and FedEx do to them.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

"every freakin' one of them thought the guitar case was an extra step!"

I second Toejam...just how damned stupid are kids these days? I mean, that´s just insane.

Comment

Yeah ... I would've never guessed in a million years that they'd all just fall in line and take turns stepping on it. But it all worked out, and they loved my playing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Next time, get an old, beat up case, hollow out the inside, and make a nice hole in the stage floor underneath it... leave a note on top of the case that says please open this before stepping into. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just how stupid are kids these days? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X