Jackson Pickups discontinued??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pickups discontinued??

This may have been posted earlier, and im sorry if it was, but can anyone tell me whether or not they still make the J50 BC Pickups anymore, and if they are still compatible with the JE-1000 Gain boost electronics system. also a place to find these would also be helpful.

Re: Jackson Pickups discontinued??

I don't know about them being discontinued but I may have an extra J-50. I'll check in my pup stash and if you're interested in one, I'll hook you up.
    T

Comment

If "T" doesn't have any, I think I have a set of these for you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

[email protected]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ya don't need 'compatable' pickups for the JE-1000. It's designed for passive pu's. The J-50's do sound good with it, tho...
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I don`t know which Jackson pcikups are in my 1990 USA Fusion, but I do know it has the Mid-Boost. I don`t care for the Jackson pickups in it with the mid boost or not, they sound muddy and like theirs a blacket over them. They are not near as articulate as the EMG 81 or 85 or the Rio grande BBQ Bucker. Jack.

Comment

@ tmdimond and budman, well thanks a lot. Wow. this is my second ever post on here, and so far i like the community of it. Yeah, I'd be more that willing to buy the bridge pickup for either one of you. Just let me know and well set up a sale.
            I only need one Pick up though, but if you need to get rid of both of them ill do that, too.

Thanks a lot
            bobvex
            [email protected]

Comment

Well since "T" was in touch with you first, I'll let him sell ya one but if he can't find one for you, just shoot me an email and I'll set ya up! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

Comment

Also if anyone has the JE-1000 they are willing to part with, i would be more that willing to buy that from you also, so let me know, and hopefully we can work something out

Comment

Like I said, I don`t know what`s in my 1990 Fusion, but if I have the pickups replaced, i will sell the Jackson pickups and the Mid boost system. What is it called? Jack.

Comment

@ Slayer - The system is called the JE-1000 and I am really to use that in conjunction with the J-50 BC pickup. If anyone has both or either parts, send me an email at [email protected].

@budman - I tried to email you about the pickups but it gor returned to me. please contact me at the above email address.

Thanks
                    bob

Comment

bob, you have mail bro [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

Wow... Jackson hasn't made pickups in what 8 or 9 years? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Or maybe longer, xeno! The in house USA made Jackson pickups disappeared a while back. By the way, Jack, the Fusion used the JE-1500, not the mid boost JE-1200. The JE-1000 is perhaps the coolest active circuit as it allows you to select one of 8 possible frequency settings. I have found that circuit works best with the Jackson J-90C pickups. Although the J-50 will be just fine. Another thing, the J-50 doesn't seem to cut it on its own, but wired to any active circuit it is perhaps the finest Jackson pickup.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm thinking 95 or 96... didn't they go to the Kent Armstrongs in 97, then SD in 98?

Not sure if my timelines are correct... but somewhere around the 94-96 is when they stopped making them, I'm guesstimating.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Schematics

I may end up selling off the pickups in my '85 Kelly as I hate them (I hear the preamp is what makes these come to life). I just haven't decided if I am going to keep them in the case with the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X