No announcement yet.

So I went to visit Floyd Rose (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I went to visit Floyd Rose (long)

Originally posted by khabibissell:
    Any idea how much those Floyd guitars cost?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They list in the 2300-2600 range. I've seen them at GC and American Music here in the Seattle area for ~1700. Fantastic and unique guitars.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I met Floyd Rose at Paisley Park Studios waaaaaaaaay back in 1987. He doing a seminar on his new style trem, which basically had a tremsetter built in. Oddly enough, I never heard anymore about it afetr that! Does anyone remember if these ever went into production?

He was really cool. Very down to earth.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

What a great story, thanks for sharing!!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousteve:
            you must of scared
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">must HAVE

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

DID! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just got back from Issaquah and remembered your story. I'm going to hook up with my Brother-in-law tomorrow for the Holidays. He go's over to Floyd's house every x-mas. I will tell him about your visit. I hope to get him to ask Floyd about his shop and set up a visit like the one you had. I live in Redmond, so maybe someday it will be know for the "Redmond" Floyd guitar?
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL:
                  I just got back from Issaquah and remembered your story.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's where I live.

- Newc

Comment

Hey, either of you Washingtonians:

When you visit Mr. Floyd next, point him to this thread and see if he remembers me! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I got my Ibanez JEM7VWH back yesterday. JT did a fantastic job! It looks really good. The Speedloader bridge is lighter than the stock Ibanez trem. Combined with the fact that the guitar no longer has any tuners, I think the guitar lost a pound - a very nice side effect. Anyway, JT set the guitar up very nicely, it plays like a dream. He threw in a few more sets of strings and showed me a bit of how to work with the Speedloader.

While I was there, JT showed me and Cliff Garrett (fellow JCFer) some more of the inner workings at Floyd Rose Guitars. We saw pickguards and necks being made, the new V body shape (it is very cool!), a few Korina set neck's nearing completion - fun stuff!

I will post pics of the JEM when I get off my arse and take some.

- Newc

Comment

Well, never mind all that, did you ask him if he remembered me? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          Well, never mind all that, did you ask him if he remembered me? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did I ask Floyd Rose if he remembers a long haired guitar player from a trade show that made "metal mean face" as he had his picture taken with him?

Uh, yeah, sure, I asked him. Floyd says hi. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

not "a trade show", NAMM! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW I was joking....

Smilie [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] = joking....

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              not "a trade show", NAMM! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW I was joking....

Smilie [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] = joking....
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You've busted my chops enough so...

Smiley [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

NAMM is an organization. I'm assuming that what you meant is that you were at the NAMM show which is a trade show. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I got the joke the first time...

poke = playful jab similar to joking [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I did mention that I posted here and that folks have good stuff to say about Floyd gear. I think the V fans here are going to dig the V Floyd will be shipping shortly. It's pointy, about the size of a Gibson V, cool jack placement, cool trem route (goes all the way off the edge), will most likely have some sort of pointy headstock.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                                I will post pics of the JEM when I get off my arse and take some.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, I got off my arse. Here are some pics. JT did a fabulous job.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X