No announcement yet.

So I went to visit Floyd Rose (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I went to visit Floyd Rose (long)

Originally posted by budman68:
    Wow, Tim, that's nice but can you give me some details on the headstock area? Did they fill the holes and repaint? What are all the gold screws around the truss rod cover? Beautiful guitar bro!

Dave->
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The three screws that are in the truss rod cover are stock. The other two were from the string retainer. I didn't feel the need to repaint.

The tuners holes are just filled with these two piece plugs that screw together through the tuning key holes.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim ,care to comment about the "profile" of the trem. Im guessing you had the Lo-pro edge on the JEM before? How does the new speedloader compare to the Lo-Pro? I really like the feel of the Ibanez trems, so im curious if you notice any major differences in the height, fine tuners etc that affect your playing?

Comment

I like the Speedloader better. The Ibanez trems never seemed to return to pitch when you pull up on the bar. I've had 5 different Ibanez's over the years and they all exhibit this problem during extended periods of playing. I've never had that problem with Floyds or Kahlers. This Speedloader seems just as stable. JT did a nice job setting it up so it plays great.

Another nice thing about this Speedloader setup is that when you pull up on the bar the strings don't fret out as early as they did with the Ibanez trem. Kahlers are still better at this because the saddles don't move with the bar.

- Newc

Comment

I do like the whole idea of the speed loader but not as a retrofit. The headstock on your Ibanez just looks like crap to me. (no offense please) I don't like the plugs in the tuner holes or the screws in the leftover string retainer holes, or the truss cover. The original installs look great though, and I don't really miss the tuners. I want one!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Wow, Tim, that's nice but can you give me some details on the headstock area? Did they fill the holes and repaint? What are all the gold screws around the truss rod cover? Beautiful guitar bro!

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:

Dave->
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">could the extra screws just be filling up the holes from the retainer bar?
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by budman68:

Dave->
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">could the extra screws just be filling up the holes from the retainer bar? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that's very possible but that is a new cover isn't it? Or did they always have that wide leg at the bottom? I just thought they would have made the leg wider to cover the old holes up since they might have had to make a new one anyway. Tim?

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

Nevermind, I'm a bonehead, I just checked out a few jem pics and that is probably the original size truss cover. Duh... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Very nice though Tim!

Dave->
                  Dave ->

Comment

Dude,

I can't see the pics... if everyone else can, can some of you guys sent it to me PLEASE!

[email protected] (remove the nosapm first please)

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Holy thread resurection Batman [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Talk about returning from the dead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo:
                        Dude,

I can't see the pics... if everyone else can, can some of you guys sent it to me PLEASE!

[email protected] (remove the nosapm first please)

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here ya go:

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear/cur...nezjem7vwh.htm

- Newc

Comment

Tim -

I think your JEM looks cool with that setup...

I checked out a couple of his guitars at Apple Music in Portland today and have to say I was impressed....I like the funky hollow headstock and that he's does something interesting with the pickguards.

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                          X