Robbin Crosby black V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbin Crosby black V?

Anyone got a good pic of the black V with rounded Gibson-type body that Robbin played in the Round and Round video? Anybody know where this guitar wound up?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Robbin Crosby black V?

I thought J0005 was thw white pointy given to KK Downing? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Or was that J0001 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      I thought J0005 was thw white pointy given to KK Downing? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Or was that J0001 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the white one is J0001. That's the first one in the Gallery, also owned by Dave.

Comment

J0001 is the white pointy V that Jay Reynolds of Malice played.............. I think. Is that right?

Comment

What's with the vintage trem cover plate? It has a Floyd. Was it converted?

And are the EMGs mods, too? Kind of early for them, wouldn't it be? I can't remember if they were there at the time of the RnR the video. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

not sure about the plate, but when robbin sold his guitars, he'd yank the pickups from them.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
              J0001 is the white pointy V that Jay Reynolds of Malice played.............. I think. Is that right?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you're right. I seem to remember a story that KK never took possession of the guitar and someone else got it.

Comment

Toe,

That is J0005. It is owned by Dave. Curt can shed more light on this guitar than I can.

Adrian
                All hail the 'King'
                R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

J0001 was built for Kenny (KK) Downing, but he never took delivery of it. I believe that he (and Glen Tipton) secured the Hamer endorsement right around the same time. So no need for Jackson to give him a guitar, since he had his own signature Hamer V. So Jay Reynolds from Malice got it, and probably had to pay for it!

Comment

from the Gallery section
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks. I actually just found the pics of it in the Gallery. I forgot it was in there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Thanks, Scott. You posted at the same time I did. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem, TJ. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X