announcing the resources page!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: announcing the resources page!

Newc, you whiny woman! Just STRRRREEEEETCH like the rest of us, wuss! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's about damn time you guys unveiled this guitar creator thingy. You unpaid, unloved bastards sure took your sweet-ass time on it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] A couple of things. The ability to manually set binding color would be cool, same goes for inlay color. Other than those *MINOR* points that aren't even important... THIS THING FUCKING ROCKS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

To celebrate... I made the most pimpalicious guitar ever conceived by man.

No, I didn't forget the pickup selector switch. Umm... that's a blend pot. Yeah, a blend pot. Not a screw up. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      A couple of things. The ability to manually set binding color would be cool, same goes for inlay color.
      To celebrate... I made the most pimpalicious guitar ever conceived by man.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">User definable neck and headstock binding colors won't happen. If you want to know why, I can explain it sometime.

User definable inlay colors (one color for all inlays, not Jason Becker style...) is likely to happen. When I was working on the inlays, I didn't know how to adjust the color of separate elements simultaneously. When I finally figured out how to do it, I was already finished with inlays.

P. Diddy would love your creation.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yeah, it would be cool to know why. Not from a "Why the fuck not, ***** ?!" perspective, just a general curiosity. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It would proably save you from having to answer that question a few thousand times in the future. I love what you have so far. There are a few annoying things but that's most likely my weirdass browser acting up. Great work, dude! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Are those V inlays an option at Jackson [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

OK, here's why the binding color won't be user-definable:

I had a tough time getting the binding to look right. For the neck, it is essentially two straight lines with a slight tilt to them. Anytime a line is at a slight angle, you get a slight "stairstepping" effect. This, of course, looks terrible. After much experimenting, I found I could get the best looking binding if I made the binding part of the neck itself, and then scaled the neck and binding down to size together (all of the elements start of very large, and then I scale them down to the appropriate size; I can get more detail in them that way).

Anyway, since the binding is part of the neck itself, and not an individual element, I can't control the color of it via the color controls.

So, if you start to thing about it, 2 neck sizes (22 fr. & 24 fr.) x 3 wood types x 3 binding options (none, black, white) = 18 different necks that had to be created. This is a very inefficient way of doing it, it was very time consuming, and added a fair amount of file size to the generator, but the key is it looked terrible when I did it any other way.

Creating the binding large by itself and scaling it down and laying it on top of the necks didn't work very well either, because the positioning was tricky, and then th ebinding was laying on top of the frets, which didn't look good either.

FYI, I had creme binding as well, but it looked just like the white binding, and it contributed even more to the large file size, so I decided to scrap it.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
            X