Guitars with Graphics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars with Graphics....

I appreciate them and I like them but I find it rare to see a graphic that I would ever actually like to own. This graphic is an exception.
    http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...l?p_prodid=434

For some reason it's very pleasing to the eye and clean looking.

Anybody wanna buy it for my christmas present? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol

Re: Guitars with Graphics....

this one is nicer

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thats a sweet paintjob alright.

Not so sure about the inlays.. alot of work and $$$ for sure, but way to busy.

Comment

Fuck that is AWESOME!

Comment

Dragons are so cool... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow, even the trem painted. Does that cause problems with the screws and such, with paint allover them? I'd figure the screws would be hard to turn. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi I've seen that one before isn't that SYL's guitar?? he normally visits the ESP message board, still that is what I would call the epitome of a King V simply the best. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know who SYL is (I know the band, but not a user with that handle) but Strangletooth here owns it. At least the gallery says he still does. I know he had a bunch of guitars for sale a while back, don't know if he let this one go.

I know he has owned ESPs too, so maybe that was his nick on the ESP forum?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey Jade, that graphic you are talking about is a horrible copy of the original design that Robbin Crosby did on his V. Unfortunately, Jackson butchered it. This is what the original and real graphic looked like. NOw this is a Dragon. http://www.robbincrosby.net/guitarga...J4650close.jpg
                  Curt would be able to tell you more about that than I could.

The King V was originally a Lee-GMW graphic that he Gave to Dan Lawrence to paint on that Jackson guitar since Dan needed one for it. IT is definately killer and Dan is the man when it comes to painting. SOme of you I'm sure already know this.

Just thought I would tell those details. Forgive me anyone if they are already common knowledge.

I too am a huge Dragon fan Jade and am having a special Jackson project done with a Dragon. I'll keep you'll posted on it if you want.....I can't wait. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Fish, Fish, Fish

Comment

The only Dragon graphic I had was on one of those fruity '89-90 Dinky 24's. Unfortuantely someone started stripping it with a wire wheel in a drill (like you remove rust on a car). It broke my heart stripping off the rest of it.

Comment

ytyf, i wouldn't say it's a butchered version, it's just a different one. as you know, robbin's was done in little dots, and i agree it's way cooler, but the jackson version is okay, and a nice way to replicate the graphic inexpensively. it's a nice way to see robbin's influence live on, no?

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

FANSTASTIC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patte:
                          Wow, even the trem painted. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It requires painted strings ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jade:
                            Kmaynard, Sweet dragon graphic! Really nice paint job and I love the painted over humbucker. You have a beuatiful guitar there.

YTYF, the dragon on the V looks really good too! It's done in DOTS??? That is so cool. I love that. And I think the whole reason I love both that one you posted and the one I linked too is because it's basically black & white. Understated and easy to look at. If I ever buy a graphic designed guitar I think it will be a B&W pic. Awesome looking... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] kev wishes that dragon was his...it actually belongs to pat (strangletooth).

and yes, robbin's dragons were done with little teeny dots. here's a few examples from two different guitars....

robbin used to get his graphic guitars with primer only from jackson, and he had a guy named marc "rude" (famous punk artist) do the artwork for him.

sully

[ December 23, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That is fuckin COOOOL! Thanks for those pics Sully. The detail is awesome! I love it!

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X