Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody seen the Jackson in Time magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody seen the Jackson in Time magazine?

I'm in for at least $20, maybe more depending on some purchases I have in limbo [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wouldn't you guys feel silly if he's die-hard Ibanez player and just went out and picked up this Jackson before he went out there?

Just kidding... I'll help with this depending on 2 things...

1) we get his contact info
      2) we decide very soon on what we're doing (gotta have a solid plan or we're just spinning wheels guys)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize this thread got this deep! I'm in for $20!!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm with Tekky:

If we come up with contact info, I am in for 20.00 for a guitar, swag, whatever. I think I have a couple of extra bumper stickers, too.

Keep in mind the guy could have a couple of USA Jacksons at home but didn't want to drag them into a war zone! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I will check this thread daily. If we come up with some contact info for the guy, post it here, and let me know where to send my $$$.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Maybe we should get him a Warrior?.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
              I'll help with this depending on 2 things...

1) we get his contact info
              2) we decide very soon on what we're doing (gotta have a solid plan or we're just spinning wheels guys)
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tekky, here's what I'm thinking as far as a plan:

#1. See how many of us will commit to this and how much $ we can get together.

#2. Get the guys US mailing info, his parents address, or something. (which may take some time but I am working on it)

#3. Send the money to you, Sully, or Kev, whichever you guys prefer, and get the guitar ordered.

#4. Anybody that wants to throw in other stuff like stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc., send those items or the funds to you (admins)

#5. Ship everything.

Here is a list of our current pledges:
              Me - $50.00
              Huntindoug - $20.00
              Shreddermon - $50.00
              Pitboss - $20.00
              Scaz - $20.00
              Dan - $50.00
              Chameleonfong - $20.00
              Jack Napalm - $20.00
              Mulder1966 - $20.00
              Budman68 - $20.00

Right now we have $300.00 to spend. That's a good damned start. I think this will be one of the coolest things the JCF as a community could ever do for a brother who's out there fighting for us. Accumulatively we as a group probably own hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of guitars so lets join together and do something cool for a bro!

I'd like to know your thoughts on this.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Make that $320.00! Thanks AlexL!!!

Comment

Mark, if this becomes a real deal, put me down for $20.

What about the "Steve Rose has no amp fund"?
                  Come on, I just need enuff money to send my grandma to ship me down my amp from my p.o.s. "father"'s house, if he hasn't pawned it by now.

Comment

Hay,

Anybody that has a spare bumper sticker...PM me.

My $100 piece of art car needs one.

Comment

Okay, put us down for 40...20 apiece. Now here comes the Marine Wife out in full force. If you can get an address for him out in the big sand box, send it to me. Im all about the female version of care packages...homemade candy, cookies, all that good shit, kinda makes me want Mr LPC to get deployed for a bit. And, I can always send him a pair of my thongs scented with my perfume. Hey its a thought, and you know he aint wanting to touch any of the natives out there...but possibly an Air Force chick or two.

Mrs LPC

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
                        Mark, if this becomes a real deal, put me down for $20.

What about the "Steve Rose has no amp fund"?
                        Come on, I just need enuff money to send my grandma to ship me down my amp from my p.o.s. "father"'s house, if he hasn't pawned it by now.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Steve, if you don't have the money to have your amp shipped to you how are we supposed to depend on you to send your 20 bucks when the time comes for this deal?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK, now we have $320.00 + $20.00 (maybe) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

okay, i'll talk about this with the other schmucks-er, i mean my peers!

again, this is contingent on us getting his info, and let's give this until after namm (mid january) to collect dollars and info.

cool?

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I like the idea of a care package a whole lot more at this point.
                            We don't know anything about this guy. Like someone touched on, who's to say he dosen't have a small arsenal of choice guitars at home and just had that sent as a "who cares POS" to play?
                            There are many things we could do with this money collected that would go a lot further and touch more lives than buying this one guy a guitar.
                            I'm all for the thought and the sentiment, not so sure about the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              okay, i'll talk about this with the other schmucks-er, i mean my peers!

again, this is contingent on us getting his info, and let's give this until after namm (mid january) to collect dollars and info.

cool?

sully
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Schmuck #3 in agreeance.

I just had a thought about this too... As Chuck was extrapolating on my revelation that we really don't know the guy, let's get to know him and find out what kind of network of folks out there are also players.

Actually at this point, brands don't necessarily matter, Ibanez players can risk their lives for their country too.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

"I like the idea of a care package a whole lot more at this point.
                                We don't know anything about this guy. Like someone touched on, who's to say he dosen't have a small arsenal of choice guitars at home and just had that sent as a "who cares POS" to play?
                                There are many things we could do with this money collected that would go a lot further and touch more lives than buying this one guy a guitar.
                                I'm all for the thought and the sentiment, not so sure about the focus."

Exactly. Now, theres a guy like me, who has been struggling on his own since he was 16, and can barely make ends meet, and my amp is held hostage in St.Louis.

Now, some of you happen to know me..and know I am a huge JCF fan. I just recently got a guitar, after 2 years of not playing...thanx to Brad.

Someone in the St.Louis area drive to Fenton, grab my amp and ship it to me:P

I think the sentiment is right, but what do we know about this guy?

I think we definatley need info about him, first.

At any rate $20 is something I'll let go either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X