Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody seen the Jackson in Time magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody seen the Jackson in Time magazine?

Don't do it, guys.

Take a deep breath, relax, and walk it off. Do not turn this thread into its own war.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Guys, relax! We all seem to be counting Chickens way before they hatch. First things first. Let's make sure we can get in contact with this guy and then find out a little bit about him.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry...You guy's are right. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Happy Happy..Joy Joy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

to echo what todd, said, this is a semi serious "shut the hell up and relax" to everyone. i know that some of this is the joys of the internet, but if we were all in one room, you'd see a lot less b!tchiness. grab a midol and relax.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
            You need to watch this: NYC
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for sharing Doug, that was powerful.

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's exactly what we're doing... After we confirm that we can actually get in touch with him.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

hey i'm a canadian but i'm in for $20,pending finding out his info and what it will be, care package, guitar or what ever.i vote for a care package that can be shared with his buddies over there and stick in a letter with everones name and where there from in it to so he knows that real ever day americans and me the canadian appreciate what they're all doing over there

Comment

I didn't realise where this thread was gonna go when it was first posted. OK....my .02. When I was in Beirut, I had my parents send me a cheap acoustic because there was no way I would have let them send my Gibson V to some shit hole in the middle east. Does he have an arsenal of custom shop axes at home??? Probably not, but he might have something better then the one in the picture. The guitar in the picture may not even be his. My personal opinion is that a care package would be better received by him and his comrades. You try eating MRE's for any length of time. A good care package from home is like GOLD to a deployed unit.
                  That being said, I'm IN for $20 for whatever you decide.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Man I started a pissing match when I said we should do something for the guy I did not realize this would happen sorry.I do not regret saying we should do something to help a guy fighting in a Godforsaken 3rd world hellhole for all of us.Just what to do seems to be be a BIG problem.The intention everyone is admirable but why not let the admins filter thru all the suggestions and come to an agreement on what to do.I'm sure his group would be thankful to recieve anything from home.Once again I apologize for starting this whole do something for him campain SEE YA!
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Re: Anybody seen the Jackson in Time magazine?

I received an email from Time requesting more info. I basically told them we wanted to send a "gift" to his family in the US so he would have it when he returned. I didn't say "guitar" although we DO have $510.00 to spend now!!! Anyway, they replied and are directing my request to the appropriate department as of today. As soon as I find out the info I'll turn it over to the admins.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                        ... we DO have $510.00 to spend now!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Make that $530. I'm in for $20 whatever you guys decide to do.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Maybe Time will do a follow-up story about us!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                            Man I started a pissing match when I said we should do something for the guy I did not realize this would happen sorry.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you just suggested sending him a tee shirt and bumper sticker. *I* was the one with the brilliant and storm-starting idea to send him a nicer Jackson! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, it was Ron who sparked this fire! I just kept adding a little more wood to it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I still think it's the best idea he's had all year!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back... True giving is self-less.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X