Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guitar universe

Merry Christmas everybody!

As a present, I got a book entitled “the guitar universe”. It deals with the invention and the evolution of the guitar thru centuries. So it begins with the first instruments that could be considered as guitars in the XVI th century to finish with …

…Jackson guitars!

Here’s the translation of what is written (not very informative to all the guys that are here) :

“(…) the solid body guitar had a last considerable technical progression during the eighties. One of the principal responsible person for this progression is Grover Jackson who launched a catalog of instruments adopted by many rock and heavy metal guitarists from this era, and gave a first “knock” to the Stratocaster.

These guitars, which gave rise to an awesome number of clones (they do not mention esp and ibanez here, they have to stay politically correct), had a similar construction than Gibson Firebird (they explain what is a neck thru).

(…)Equipped with one humbucker, two single coils, and a floyd rose tremolo, this type of instrument probably played a main role in the evolution of guitar playing.”

All that converges to show that all the little craftsmen have worked hard during more than 400 years to reach THE objective, the perfect instrument, the JACKSON GUITAR [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] .
    What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Re: The guitar universe

grooovy! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] The Pinnacle Baby! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

oyeah!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

A little Biased, but at least the author knows where it's at! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't sound biased to me at all! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X