Jackson With No Serial #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson With No Serial #

Hey guys, I just sold a new USA Select WR1 to a customer and there doesn't appear to be a serial number anywhere on the guitar, other than on the hang tags. It's not on the fretboard at the last fret and it's not anywhere on the headstock, body or neck. Seems a little strange to me. Any ideas?

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: Jackson With No Serial #

must be a mistake..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I agree, I guess there are worse mistakes to make!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Got a pic of the offending item? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, that's gonna play hell in years to come when someone buys it off Ebay and comes here asking "Hey, is this a Custom Shop or Employee Project?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Or it will become an endorsed artist Custom Shop guitar.

Comment

<center></center>

[ December 30, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jim Shine...

Comment

Maybe that will make it extra rare, like certain monies that are double stamped or something, just a thought [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I'm with Kev. Sounds like an oopsie. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

maybe made by employee for themself i assumed

Comment

That's what happens when the fret stamper guy calls out sick. Either that or he was drinking on the job! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

We used to do that all the time. You'll find quite a few USA's with an A or B at the end of the sn. That was the only way to keep the #'s in line and still have a sn on it. To this I say...DOH! GREG!!!

Get a set of dies and stamp in U00001 and then sell it! I jest. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi Matt;

A couple months ago a King V with the new black/silver dragon graphic arrived at a local dealer. I was interested in it but this guitar also had no serial number anywhere on it except the hang tag. Somebody goofed.
                          It had a couple other problems with it and I pointed them out to the dealer who promptly sent it back to Jackson.

Rudy
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Morning All. This is in fact my guitar. It is a WR1 (serial U1xxxx) with a finished neck. I thought WR1s had unfinished necks [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ... like this one:
                            http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=2016291
                            originally posted in this thread:
                            http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=000911
                            I was planning on posting some pics after I found out about the serial number, but it seems Matt beat me to it. Anyways, here is another pic:
                            <center></center>
                            Cheers,

-Mike

[ December 31, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

I like it, give us a full frontal shot [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X