Why should I buy a Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should I buy a Jackson?

Right guys, looking for my third guitar why should I choose another Jackson over an Ibanez, Yamaha, Fender or ESP?

My budget is £650.

Andy!

Re: Why should I buy a Jackson?

ummmmm....cause it'll match the ones you've got??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Is isnt why you should. Its why you shouldnt.
      Oh, also girls think its hot to see a guy with a Jackson. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

'Cause I said so! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Or cause ManyAxes said so..But for real, why not? Whats Ibeenhad have on Jackson?

Ox

Comment

Why choose one over Ibanez? Ibanez is fine, if you like basswood. I don't, so I avoid them.

Yamaha? Don't know. Haven't played enough, but I hear they're actually quite good.

Fender? Does that even need to be asked? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ESP? If you can get a good Japanese ESP for cheap, go for it, but you'll most likely be relegated to LTD's.

IMO, Jackson has a better price/performance ratio than anyone else when it comes to the mid-range instruments.

Comment

Because Jackson guitars say "Fuck you", not "darn it" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Why should we convince you to buy any particular brand of axe?

Stand up and be a grown-up. Try a bunch of different guitars within your budgetary constraints and buy the one you like the most. Forget about the opinions of a group of faceless strangers on an internet forum and get what YOU like.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

why should you ask? Why not go out and play them (in the same price range) side by side and YOU make the decision yourself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Why ask for a biased opinion? I have a bunch of Charvels and Jacksons and I didnt buy them based on what others say about them...I based it on what I look for in an instrument....
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by mupps:
                    Right guys, looking for my third guitar why should I choose another Jackson over an Ibanez, Yamaha, Fender or ESP?

My budget is £650.

Andy!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You should buy the instrument which best meets your needs and wants.
                    For me, USA Charvels/Jacksons are the only guitars meeting all my needs and wants in playability, craftmanship, sound, conception and philosphy, woods, body styles, graphics etc.
                    I don't know your needs. Charvel/Jackson guitars are special and not for the masses of guitarists like other brands. Some other manufacturers like Ibanez, ESP, Yamaha etc offer a bunch of guitars inspired by Charvel/Jackson. Charvel/Jackson guitars are great in playability, craftmanship, sound and the most of their models are very versatile. And Charvels/Jacksons are the originals, whereas Ibanez, ESP, Yamaha etc are imitations.

Comment

if you have to ask why you should buy a jackson/charvel, you'll never know [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
                        if you have to ask why you should buy a jackson/charvel, you'll never know [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was going to say...

If you need to ask why, then perhaps you should stick with something more appealing to the general public.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Now now, fellas, Free Thinking is what destroyed Jackson's market dominance - when people come here asking what to buy and "why Jackson?", we need to be good shepherds and lead the sheep to the slaughter [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm assuming that Andy's a Brit, if he's got £650 to spend. If that is the case, 650 quid is not gonna get a USA Jackson over here, unless you're VERY lucky with a used deal. The new guitars you'll find, be they Jackson, ESP(Ok,LTD!), Ibanez or whatever, are all gonna be of similar specs to each other, so it's all down to what feels best.

That being said, anything other than a Jackson would be gay! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

if I am not mistaken, 650 pounds are 1069,9 euros(aproximatedly the same in dollars)...for that money you can buy a very very decent guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              For that money, you won't get a good ESP (as good as a jackson), because they are overpriced(at least in my courner of europe).
                              I don't know Yamaha's guitars very much.
                              Fenders and ibanez are boring to me, they all look the same.
                              For that price you can buy the high end of BC Rich, but that doesn't mean that is as good as a jackson [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              eheheh now I'm a jackson addict [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X