anyone else have volume knob trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else have volume knob trouble?

my volume knobs seem to get in the way of my playing...i got to noticing that most jacksons/esps with the strat/dinky style have the damn volume knob right underneath the bridge pickup. I was thinking of buying a new one, but the only model I see that doesn't have that problem is the DK1

Re: anyone else have volume knob trouble?

I have that problem some times. When i sweep pick it gets in way my so i have to lift my pinky over the volume knob which some times screws up my playing.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yes!! Even though I don`t gig, it annoys me even playing at home and the volume goes down [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I wish they would move it just a little bit [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

with my guitar (bc rich nj neck thru assassin) the placement of the volume knob dosent usually bother me, it is out of range of my hand so is fine, yet twice when gigging i have managed to turn it down accidentally, without noticing hitting it....

David

Comment

When I got my DXMG I hated that too but I kind of used to it.
          And looking at Jackson guitar palette I see that many of them have their volume knobs even closer that the DXMG so I guess I'm kind of a lucky guy.

Maybe you should try using a logarithmic pot. The principle of their usage goes like this: when you screw a linear pot for a half of its full rotation you get that low-gain sound. Simply said you get a "half" of the signal. Doing that with a logarithmic pot is impossible. There's a one single stage when the pot fully revolts the signal. Let's say you have a scale from 1-10 for your pot (just like on amps). If you screw the logarithmic pot to 2 it will sound just like on 10. Turning it to 0 it will fully revolt the signal. So logarithmic pots are more like switch.

I haven't figured how to say to-fully-suppress-the-electrical-signal in one word so I used the word "revolt" and "to revolt". I guess that wasn't a big mistake.
          I've never checked English Dictionary of Electrotechnics. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Nope, never had that problem whatsoever. I fan my fingers out George Lynch-style and the pinky always goes right over. Sometimes when playing leads, the pinky will anchor on the pickup bezel or guitar body. For my Fender, since the knob is even tighter and doesn't move as easy, I'll sometimes anchor the pinky on the knob itself.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have accidentally lowered the volume during a gig...frustrating! My friend Marty from Hangar 18 places electrical tape over his volume knob AND toggle switch on his Kelly. Kinda ugly, but it works for him.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've been looking for low-profile pots and knobs that are about half as tall as the current knobs - that's the one thing I don't like about Jacksons - the knob placement seems to have been decided according to ONE player (Lynch) and he doesn't even play the damn things [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I find the volume knob get in the way of the pickup selector when I need to quickly change for a solo.

Also, I find that when I'm jumping about like a loony when playing I smack my hand off it aswell [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

Working...
                  X