Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh oh oh!i've got a jack!(report)

Two days ago arrived my jackson KE3...
    When I opened the box, I was stunned with the killer looks and beautiful pointy head.
    when I plugged the thing, the I was amazed with her sound...The clean sound is powerful, and I might say crunchy...I haven't tried yet with a good distortion, I used my yamaha fx500,but I don't like very much the distortion of the yamaha, but (I will buy a boss mt2 or a digitech metalmaster ) it sounded much more crispier and defined than in my other guitar...
    I can only dream of the sound of that baby with a googd dist. pedal and some "real" duncans or EMGs...
    The only thing that is bad in the guitar is that she is a bit head (or top) heavy, and to play standing, with the guitar in a confortable position I have to lean right, thus hurting my vertebral column. Playing sitted is also a little problem since the "thing" that the guitar strap is conected with the guitar is in the back, so when playing sitted the "thing" hurts my torax.
    But I must say I'm very happy with the guitar, and I'm now a Jackson fan [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    P.S.:sorry for my bad english [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: oh oh oh!i\'ve got a jack!(report)

There are plenty of threads discussing the Kelly "neck drop" and possible solutions. Use the search function! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Congrats on the new Jackson!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

About playing in standing position:

I've heard that Kelly shapes of Jackson guitars have a strange centre of gravity so you have to lean left or right to avoid the swings of the guitar.

Anyway, congrats on the buying.

Comment

But as he noted, leaning over is bad (painful) and does not indicate good guitar design. I'm sure the older larger Kellys (not the King Kelly, but the original Kellys with and without the Kutz), do not have the problem all the smaller ones have.

At any rate, put the front strap pin on the edge of the heel like this:

http://autumn-frost.com/Ebay/Kelly/PIC00007.JPG

and you should be ok.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Don't forget the Kelly Lycanthia Stance!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thank you for your advises! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I noticed that if I put my left foot on a chair or on my combo, it eases the "pain". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

RacerX: I won't forget lycanthia stance!lol!And I will check your sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X