Unsolicited Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolicited Plug

I visited a guitar store today in a small community not so far from where I live. I had driven by the store before but didn't really think too much about it -- no neon guitar signs, no local newspaper adds promising the best foreign made guitar for the lowest price, the outside look of the building is understated. The interior blew me away.

Marshall stacks, Jacksons, Charvels, and an assortment custom axes lined the walls. I was asked if I needed any help to which I replied, "I'm just looking and what model Charvel is that hanging below the Jackson soloist?" A few moments later I was touring the shop, listening to a custom oiled-mahogany axe with Rio Grand pickups screaming through a Marshal.

I'm not a technical nut and bolt guy and would classify myself as an "arm-chair" guitarist and I'm sure the salesman, which happened to be the owner, could decipher from my questions. Nevertheless, he took me into the workroom, answered my questions, gave me some good advice and really treated me like I was Steve Vai or someone.

So, I would just like to plug the owner Scott Splawn and Splawn Guitars and say thank you. Splawn guitars has a web site at: web page

I'm in no way connected with or know any employees of Splawn guitars. I've never written an endorsement for a company or product before. I guess I was just overwhelmed at the "down-to-earth" atmosphere and the time the owner spent with me discussing Jackson/Charvel issues.

Re: Unsolicited Plug

Originally posted by RyeCatcher:
    " A few moments later I was touring the shop, listening to a custom oiled-mahogany axe with Rio Grand pickups screaming through a Marshal.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">McNaughts rule! And so do Scott's amps (and mods)! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Way cool

This axe looks killer.

Comment

Hey, just out of curiousity...how far is this place from Eastern NC?? Ive only found one guitar shop that deals in Jacksons here...and it aint got much.

Krista

Comment

Map Quest rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
            Hey, just out of curiousity...how far is this place from Eastern NC?? Ive only found one guitar shop that deals in Jacksons here...and it aint got much.

Krista
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's east of Charlotte.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
              Way cool

This axe looks killer.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They have the best setups of anything, ever.

Comment

Map Quest rocks!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes things wayyyyyyyyyy too easy..hehehe

Krista

Comment

I've had to deal with the guys at Splawn a few times. It's one of the few names I remember because most aren't worth bothering with. They're one of the few places I can think of that didn't consistently have their head up their ass when it came to parts and customer service stuff. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Rio Grande BBQ Bucker bridge pikups rock hard, I love them [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

http://www.splawnguitars.com/images/jackwr1blghfl.gif

(linked instead of IMGd because that's considered rude)

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yummy!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

(linked instead of IMGd because that's considered rude)

Newc
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't know that.
                          I am a rude, rude man. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

I just discovered Splawn guitars also and will be ordering an Engl amp from Him later today. It's good to hear some positive feedback about His place before I place an order.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyJobe:
                              I just discovered Splawn guitars also and will be ordering an Engl amp from Him later today. It's good to hear some positive feedback about His place before I place an order.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He's about the nicest guy you could ever want to meet. Enjoy your amp. Which model are you getting? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X