what the heck is a Mod6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the heck is a Mod6?

I've never seen one before...they aren't posted on Jackson's website, that I can find

Re: what the heck is a Mod6?

A model 6 is a neck-thru Charvel that was produced between 1986 and 1988. It had one humbucker and two single coils. The controls were one volume, one tone, and a preamp. The pickup switches were three mini-toggles.

You'll find a few in the gallery.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky is right. I can't think of anything to add except that they did have those little triangle thingys on the neck.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Also it had neck and headstock binding, and an active midboost system. The single coil-sized pickups were also mini humbuckers. The poor man's Soloist, of very high quality construction!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
          Tekky is right. I can't think of anything to add except that they did have those little triangle thingys on the neck.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean the "Shark Tooth" Inlays [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I had a black one back in the day and traded it for my Randy (plus cash) in 1987. It actually was a great guitar, but I am not sorry about the trade.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            Also it had neck and headstock binding, and an active midboost system. The single coil-sized pickups were also mini humbuckers. The poor man's Soloist, of very high quality construction!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd prefer the name: student Soloist. great guitars.

Harrald

Comment

Working...
            X