X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV4 vs KV2?

How is the KV2 compared to the KV4?
    I've only seen a KV2 in my dreams lol

KV4 is the only King V I've played sofar. It sounded like ass unplugged.....but through an amp it was so sweeeet.

So how is the KV2? (Kv2 is the top-of-the-line King V, righ? Mustaine played one? right right?)

And you may also post a pic of your KV2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: KV4 vs KV2?

From a feel perspective, they're about the same. I think the neck/body joint area is a bit different on the imports. Tonally, they're about the same. The difference is in point of origin and specs. The USAs have higher quality electronics, ebony boards, binding, OFR's, and are made in the US. The imports are made in Japan and have rosewood boards, no binding, JT580LP's, and have less expensive hardware.

The KV2 for whatever reason feels a bit more 'solid' to me. I have no clue why, and I really can't quantify that statement. All the USA's feel like rocks compared to the imports, which feel like wood and steel. It might be a finish thing. Who knows?

I think ALL V's sound like ass unplugged. Both of mine do. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think having half of your ass-end cut out would make you sound like ass too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hah mkay

But that one sounded almost palm-muted when you played it

Comment

...and what's wrong with palm muting? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

uuhhhhhm nothing. but it sounded almost palm muted when you didn't mute!

does every king v sound like this?

Comment

Yea, my KV2 sounds pretty lame unplugged also...but plugged in it smokes! i don't know that the V shape is necessarily to blame though. I have a MIK Dean ML select (sort of a V shape) that sounds awesome unplugged....Go figure.

Comment

Why would you ever want to play a guitar like a KV2 unplugged? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I love my KV2 btw. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't. I just said it sounded like ass.

Ahhhhhh nice guitar [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                Can i have it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't get it. People continually want to judge the sound of an electric guitar unplugged. Even though there are minute differences in tone and sustain with different woods (and shapes thereof) it's really not a big deal in the real world. Everyone seems to forget that magnetic pickups aren't microphonic (although they can be, but that'll have to be a different post!), or even peizo (which receives its signal directly from the string vibrations), magnetic pups just send an electrical signal according to the interference of their magnetic fields. Quality pickups, wiring, etc., all have a lot more effect on the sound of a solid body guitar than the wood would. (haha!!! woodwould!)
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

the fret size on teh KV-2 is only medium...compard to the more typical jumbo frets that are on most JAckson guitars including the KV4

Comment

I don't know why, but my KVX10 King V sounds alot better unplugged than my DKMGT (although that one is an archtop!). I blame the basswood on the DKMGT, though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                        I don't get it. People continually want to judge the sound of an electric guitar unplugged. Even though there are minute differences in tone and sustain with different woods (and shapes thereof) it's really not a big deal in the real world. Everyone seems to forget that magnetic pickups aren't microphonic (although they can be, but that'll have to be a different post!), or even peizo (which receives its signal directly from the string vibrations), magnetic pups just send an electrical signal according to the interference of their magnetic fields. Quality pickups, wiring, etc., all have a lot more effect on the sound of a solid body guitar than the wood would. (haha!!! woodwould!)
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that I test a electric unplugged when I am trying to find the inherant resonance of the instrument.
                        Pickups, pots, caps, and wiring harnesses can be changed but if the baseline construction is not good, then it will always sound like crap.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                        X