Jackson and short scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson and short scale

Jackson makes probably the coolest guitars of all the manufactures out there with all the models they have.

I only have one craving which is more short scale models. Although I love the Jackson shapes I would love to have a short scale Rhoads or short scale Kelly even. Make the string spacing a nut size shorter too. Jackson guitars are fast as hell now...with a short scale the reaches would be even easier at least for a guy with short fingers like myself.

I know most would disagree but anyone know of any plans for short scale models?? I mean the Kelly and Warrio are someone similar shapes...could one be a short scale??

Re: Jackson and short scale

The USA Warriors are 24 3/4" scale.......... at least my 1991 model is. Jackson's website doesn't specify the scale on the current WR-1 but if they've kept it the same, it just may still be 24 3/4"

Comment

Only the original Warriors were 24 3/4 inch scale. Today's WR-1 is 25 1/2 inch scale. The Fusion was also short. As were the "SS" models. The famed archtop Soloist Pro and Charvel 750 were also short. Beyond those, I believe you would have to go custom shop...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wait 2 months and get a KV2T - 24.75"

McD
        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

The SLS Soloist is also 24.75" scale. The USA JJP that I've got, which is a smaller body (Dinky Les Paul Special/Jr. shape) is also the short scale.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm confused. I'd heard a few of the very first ones made were 25.5s but, otherwise, I thought all KV2Ts were already short-scale.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm confused. I'd heard a few of the very first ones made were 25.5s but, otherwise, I thought all KV2Ts were already short-scale. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I though...they're already being sold at DrumcityGuitarland I think....

Comment

What about my 1993 RR1? That's 22 fret and sure feels shorter than my other SL2s and SL1s. But perhaps that is just my imagination, given it does hang a bit different than the others. I've gotten quite attached by my RR1, gotten quite used to playing it... pretty interesting given I previously thought it to be pointy and difficult. But you know, those blade pickups -- what are they, Dan Lawrence? -- really do kick some major ass.
                Ok, I hate to ramble, but has anyone tried those new dimebag pickups from seymour duncan? Are they comparable to what my RR1 has -- those wonderful Dan Lawrence pickups?
                Thanks
                Time for some more tequila [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill Lawrence. And rumor has it that Jackson didn't even use the genuine article, so those are very possibly made elsewhere and not anything like the Duncans.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The KV2Ts at Drumcityguitarland are 25.5". He misprinted the scale length and the one I got from him is 25.5".

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                      Bill Lawrence. And rumor has it that Jackson didn't even use the genuine article, so those are very possibly made elsewhere and not anything like the Duncans.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, they were the imitation Bill Lawrence pups. I think Bill had a partner at one time and, after he left, the guy was still making pickups with Bill's name on them, but they were different. I believe these are the same imitation pups that Stew-Mac sells. I think the story is somewhere on www.billlawrence.com

Comment

Actually, I think Stew Mac stopped carrying those "Lawrence" brand pickups. 'bout time.

Comment

Ah, maybe they did. I haven't been to their site in awhile. I know they were cheaper, and I don't think their specs were up to the same degree of quality as the real deal.

Comment

For the first 6 months, the KV2T's were 25.5 -> from Jan forward they will be 24.75" which is how I originally spec'd them. There were some internal miscommunications; the result, a limited number of longer scale KV2T's. So, if you prefer 25.5" you might want to get one now...

McD
                            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Hey great then the 25.5 scale KV2Ts will be big collector items in a few years. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Then again I am no collector, so I would not have a clue how that all works.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X