Custom inlay ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom inlay ideas?

How 'bout a total reverse?!...MOP or Abalone FRETBOARD with some kind of ebony inlays?

I'd also like to see more things done with mirror inlays on ebony.

I saw Gibson's new "HUMMER Les Paul", and that gave me the idea.

Comment

Some cool stuff, guys. Keep `em coming, if there's more. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

VG: Yeah, those cobras are definitely killer. Always loved that one. But I wouldn't want to 'riff on another JCFr's original idea. And the design is probably trademarked by Ford, so J/C wouldn't do them now anyway.

Comment

I like the idea of Bats, not baseball bats but Vampire Bats. Or maybe Beer Bottles.

Comment

This is what I designed and had put on my custom Kelly (should be ready in mid March). I call it "Tribal Cross."

Comment

I've always had the idea of having inlays of different guitar shapes. I've never seen it done though, probably due to copyright laws.

For example a King V on the first fret, a Kelly on the 3rd, soloist on the 5th, a cople of Les Pauls on the 12th........and so on.

But the ESP devil girl will never set foot on my fretboard. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
              I prefer simple inlays as opposed to complex and frilly ones. If I'd get a custom, I'd probably go with no inlays at all, or with very simple yet original ones - like rings instead of dots or something like that.

I must say Iommi crosses look pretty wicked though - especially with binding.

'bane
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.

Comment

Working...
              X