Finally I have pics of my gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally I have pics of my gear!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Duuude, I love that Rhoads Professional you have there! Very sweet looking axe! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

shit i musta forgot to check back on this thread, haha. wow didn tknow so many people admired my guitar, thanks all. Well the yellow is home done, its car paint, haha. It cost me 14 dollars to do the yellow. Masking tape, paint and 600-800 grit sand paper is all it took. the gold floyd I found on ebay, and put it in myself, I didnt bother routing it down. when I get a real floyd I'll see if I need to route it down. Its a licenced floyd so yeah. . .

Its going to be pretty much like wildchilds axe. It's coming along good, all i need now is a 24 fret neck with regular sharkfin inlays, binding and regular headstock, and im done with it. If anyone has one let me know.

Comment

How do you like that Carpenter? I was thinking of getting one

Comment

bob, did you lay the masking tape down and then sand the area you were going to paint? Is that how you did it?

I want to do something similar to my RX10, but maybe go with a color other than gold, I was thinking red bevels. But I'm not sure how that would look, black body w/ red bevels and gold hardware.

[ February 16, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: BillM ]

Comment

also bob, from what I've gathered by talking to people, you're gonna be shit out of luck as far as 24 fret necks go. I heard the neck pocket won't be long enough in the RX10 to accomodate one.

Comment

Offrampmotel, I love my SRC, it's my favorite guitar. The neck feels great and the frets are perfect. The only complaint I have is that it's not made out of mahogany because that's my favorite sounding wood. Other than that I love it.

Comment

Explain the process of how you did the bevels please. Also is it flush with the regular finish? Like no edge to it?

Comment

Ok, heres what I did.
                  1) FIRST TAKE OFF ALL THE HARDWARE (STRINGS, FLOYD, KNOBS), AND COVET THE ENTIRE FACE OF THE GUITAR WITH MASKING TAPE EXCEPT FOR THE PART YOU WAN TTO PAINT. USE MULTIPLE LAYERS BECAUSE SOME MASKING TAPE IS MORE POROUS THEN OTHERS.

2) SAND THE EXPOSED AREA WITH 600-800 GRIT SAND PAPER, ITS IS READILY AVAILABLE AT MOST AUTO PARTS SHOPS, ALSO WHILE YOU ARE THERE, GET THE MASKING TAPE AND THE PAINT.

3) SPRAY VERY LIGHT, EVEN COATS ON THE AREA, MAYBE FROM AS FAR AS 14" AWAY. LET DRY, AND REPEAT AS NECCESARY.

4) LET DRY OVER NIGHT, REMOVE THE TAPE AND ANY RESIDUE IT MAY LEAVE IN THE MORNING cLEAN OF ANY EXCESS PAINT AND YOU ARE DONE.

I havent lacquered mine yet, as i ask around and keep getting different answers, so I am going to have that done. But what I hear is use spray on lacquer 1 light coat and 2 heavier coats. then use 1000-2000 grit sand paper to buff it, and finally use a creme polish to finalize it. All the above materials are available at

www.stewmac.com

As for the neck, I am going to have the Neck Pickup removed, and the hole plugged, so that i can put a 24 fret neck there, and i might incorporate a very small cutaway on the bottom, so that i can access the highter frets. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you wanna know what it will look like, use the custom generator in the resources section of this site.

My final RX10D (Super Modded):

Also a question which one looks better to you people the top of the bottom one (this is my custon idea)

or

@ northern comfort
                  is it not all the way finished yet, so no it is not flush with the factory Finish, but once i get back to my luthier, i will hand it over to him to be finish professionally.

i may have said it before, but i got the Floyd off of Ebay.

[ February 17, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: bobvex ]

Comment

Originally posted by BillM:
                    also bob, from what I've gathered by talking to people, you're gonna be shit out of luck as far as 24 fret necks go. I heard the neck pocket won't be long enough in the RX10 to accomodate one.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah good luck on that.

Comment

Wow thanks! I like the first one with the matching white headstock more.

I think the extra cutaway would be great! I love how that looks and its easier to play.

I love these Alexi mockups! I would love to build one myself some time.

Comment

Thanks for the info! The first white Jackson looks best.

Comment

Working...
                        X