Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "2:00 pm - Mike Kroeger of Nickelback" - The plant manager I work for is named Mike Kroeger - but he's a big old fat guy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Man, what a mental image of him in a band [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

When did Joe switch over to Peavey? Even at the recent G3 tour he was playing Marshall.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I remember reading something about Satch using the 5150's when they first came out years ago. Has he been with Peavey that long? Or was it an on/off kind of thing?

Comment

The LAST TIME I saw George, {Davey - Bad Seed was there. too}, they had pics from EARLIER in the SAME tour of his rack on his website with two Bogners and one XXX at ther bottom - BUT...For the Denver gig which had NONEXISTENT PUBLICITY{there were 125 people there - TOPS}, George had a rack with THREE PEAVEY XXX's - and not ONE BOGNER !!!

The story that I got from my Peavey rep was that George was either instrumental in the design of the XXX, or was going to jump onboard with it - BUT - THAT was BEFORE it was DUBBED the "XXX"......It WAS to be called a "WICKED" {as in "Sensation", but I GUESS that SOMEONE {MAYBE Bogner - MAYBE Engl} was sending Scary a NEW point-to-point head every 2 WEEKS - and the peavey deal crapped backwards on itself or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
          When did Joe switch over to Peavey? Even at the recent G3 tour he was playing Marshall.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe used Triple X's on the latest G3 tour.

Comment

On Dec 19 and 20th... Lynch played through some off brand. "Naylor" I believe, I didn't see a Peavey or a Bogner on the stage at all. (the second guitarist played through the same Hughes & Kettner that Derek Frigo played through)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Joe's XXXs have been modified and used on G3 tour last fall.
              That is what I read somewhere.
              I am sure he has been working with Peavey for his own line up of amps and time for announcing the new amp at NAMM.

Comment

Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

Here's the schedule I saw posted on another guitar forum. I thought I'd post it here since a number of JCF people are attending.

At the Peavey booth

Saturday Jan. 17
                12:00PM - Joe Satriani (amp demo)

Friday
                3:00PM - George Lynch

Full Schedule:
                Thursday Jan. 15
                10:30AM - DJ Sama

3:00PM - J.K. Kleutgens & Band

5:00PM - Rock House Allstars

Friday Jan. 16
                10:30AM - Chelsea Constable

1:00PM - Bill Lonero

2:00PM - Mike Kroeger of Nickelback

2:00PM - Dave Benedict and Dallas Smith of Default

3:00PM - George Lynch

Saturday Jan. 17
                11:30AM - Joe Satriani (press conference)

12:00PM - Joe Satriani (amp demo)

12:30PM - Joe Satriani

2:00PM - Visqueen

3:00PM - Visqueen

3:00PM - Corey Lowry

3:00PM - Space of Memento

3:00PM - Chad Ginsburg of CKY

3:00PM - Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel of Atreyu

4 :00PM - Sarah Jory

Sunday Jan. 18
                10:30AM - Jamie Harvill / Gary Sadler

1:00PM - Stu Hamm (clinic)

2:00PM - Paul Gray of Slipknot

3 :00PM - Stu Hamm

Comment

So I wonder if Joe and George are both there for the XXX? I thought Lynch pulled out of that one.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I just noticed that the full schedule has Satriani holding a press conference at 11:30. He must be endorsing the XXX, or perhaps Peavey is releasing a Satriani amp. Vai has the Carvin Legacy, so Joe should have something of his own as well.

Comment

Satch his is own signature amp from Peavey...it's called the JSX I think.

Lynch will be coming out with his own sig amp soon as well although I don't know if it will be ready for this particular NAMM.

The XXX started as the Lynch sig amp but they parted ways well before it was ever finished.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:

The XXX started as the Lynch sig amp but they parted ways well before it was ever finished.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the XXX started as the Ultra Plus and was just EQed a bit darker to become the XXX. Lynch probably just wanted more $ than his name was worth to be associated with the amp. His "design"
                        influence was likely suggesting they darken up the sound.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ranalli:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the XXX started as the Ultra Plus and was just EQed a bit darker to become the XXX. Lynch probably just wanted more $ than his name was worth to be associated with the amp. His "design"
                          influence was likely suggesting they darken up the sound.
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well if you look at it that way then the 5150 wasn't really Eddies amp either...there was another amp before it which it was based off of although I forget which one...it's on the Peavey Board.

Comment

Found this on Harmony Central the other day. A pic of the new amp.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...postid=6392739

JE

Comment

Here's more info on Joe's new amp. http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...ey/PR/JSX.html
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X