Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lynch/Satriani at Peavey NAMM Booth

Hey if anyones goin to be around the peavey both saturday at 3:00 when Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel of Atreyu are there and could get them an autograph for me would be super cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] id appreciate it very much ( my fav band)

Thanks let me know Rick

Comment

Not to steal eleven's idea, or to be a mooch but if any of you guys at NAMM can hook me up with a George Lynch autograph. I would definately be grateful.

Comment

Naylors aren't really what I would call an off brand amp. They are super high quality boutique amps that are very hard to find and are quite desireable. I am not sure if they are even made anymore, at least as they were. I played one years ago and it was amazing.

Comment

http://www.naylorengineering.com/
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by DTP:
            Found this on Harmony Central the other day. A pic of the new amp.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...postid=6392739

JE
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW!It looks ....BAD!
            Big "S"...
            It even looks like they just changed the front panel of XXX and few knobs on front.
            They couldn't do better design than this????
            [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I am worried Peavey would do the same kind of job for Lynch amp with big "L" on front panel [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe has played tube amps with 6550 pwer tubes for every amp marshall made him. Lee jackson did the conversions with a new transformer to handle the plate voltage. What is kind of funny about the new amp is that I was talking to Lee Jackson on the phone before NAMM, and he told me that Hartley Peavey offered him a position as vice president over Peavey and he turned him down.
              I bet if you buy one of these heads and send it to Lee for conversion to 6550 output tubes and one of his transformers you will have the real amp that Satch is using.
              Just a thought. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
                Naylors aren't really what I would call an off brand amp. They are super high quality boutique amps that are very hard to find and are quite desireable. I am not sure if they are even made anymore, at least as they were. I played one years ago and it was amazing.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will only EVER use Naylor Speakers in any amp I ever own. They are nothing short of amazing. They tend to be alittle less harsh sounding than Celestions, with a warmer bite.

One of these days...I'm going to plunk down some dinero on Dual 60 half stack! I know, and have dealt with Joe Naylor personally (even though he no longer runs the company) and he is an amazing guy!

Sorry to stray off topic, but I now return you to the Peavey discussion...LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by *eleven*:
                  saturday at 3:00 when Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel of Atreyu are there and could get them an autograph for me would be super cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You wanna give *them* YOUR autograph? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I am the man! I met Dan, Travis, and I think Chris and told them what a big fan you are. I have a nice 8x10 of Dan & Travis posing poolside (?) with a 5150 head. Signatures too! Dan wrote "Rick Keep Rocken". I actually didn't notice the misspelling until I got home just now! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Travis wrote "Rick, Thanx 4 the support!" and he drew a [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] under his name! Awwwwwwwww! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw George shredding 5 feet in front of me at the Duncan booth at 3:30. he was using an XXX combo.

Comment

My friend saw Lynch play in December and this is part of the email he sent me.
                        George's playing was awesome. I was in the front row just off to the side of his cabinet so I got to hear George's direct sound(dirty - Komet head and HiWatt cab, clean - Fender combo) and the sound was much better that the first night. George has a Echoplex, Tube screamer, Whammy pedal, old Wah, and two old effects pedals that I could not identify. He used the tube screamer for leads to boost the volume, not so much to boost the distortion since the Komet amp sound was great as is. The Whammy pedal he used for Octave doubling on some of the songs and intros such as to Unchain the Night. He used his original tiger stripe from the Breaking the Chains album/cd cover for the entire night. The first night he was switching guitars every couple songs, but there was no room to have the guitars on stage
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

you know what i mean big man [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] nah i want theres haha but whatever thanks anyways [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This is interesting.Ive lived and worked in Meridian Ms. most of my life. I've watched Peavy go from a big company to a mega company. I've used some of there amps in the past. I worked at a local music store for a while had access to some of Peavy's prototype products, 5150, the first Van Hallen made production wolfgang prototypes, etc, blah blah. The prototypes and the production models are very different.Peavy has a nasty history of doing this.If its still business as usual at Peavy I would bet that the gear these artists are using has been tweaked or modded. Oh yea, Ive met Hartley [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Each time he was an ass. But that has nothing to do with the products. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "2:00 pm - Mike Kroeger of Nickelback" - The plant manager I work for is named Mike Kroeger - but he's a big old fat guy
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So he's the bass player then? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              I am the man! I met Dan, Travis, and I think Chris and told them what a big fan you are. I have a nice 8x10 of Dan & Travis posing poolside (?) with a 5150 head. Signatures too! Dan wrote "Rick Keep Rocken". I actually didn't notice the misspelling until I got home just now! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Travis wrote "Rick, Thanx 4 the support!" and he drew a [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] under his name! Awwwwwwwww! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did he dot his "I" with a loveheart too? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

I spoke with an amp designer at NAMM. Here's what he told me:

The 5150 was built without a noise gate.

The XXX is built with an internal noise gate.

The JSX has an adjustable noise gate.

The JSX preamp is based on the XXX. The Crunch channel has a lot less gain than the XXX Crunch channel. The JSX Ultra Channel as a little less gain than the XXX Ultra Channel. There's a setting on the (I think) Crunch channel that will replicate Joe's settings. It has EL34 power tubes. I heard it and it sounds like Joe. I prefer the XXX but that's just me.

Peavy also released a 300 watt all tube head with power switching, the XXX preamp section and a new faceplate. To me it sounded darker and muddier than the XXX.

Comment

Working...
                                X