Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for FMIC

'Stratheads will only be made in special limited runs from time to time'

How about offer a few custom orders a year specifically for users here? Perhaps 10 or so, just to satisfy players and some of the collectors?

Since it's my idea, I should be the first one on the list [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: Suggestion for FMIC

Or, perhaps, we could get enough JCFr's together to justify a "limited run" of our own strathead edition? (...cough, cough...floyd'd...cough...) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

...I know, I know. It's nearly impossible to reach consensus on the specs. People would need to be somewhat flexible. (I have some ideas on how this might work out.) And it's probably doubtful that FMIC would allow it anyway.

I'd volunteer to try and make arrangements with a dealer, and deal with the hassle of heading up negotiating the specs with everyone who wants in.

Any takers? Just looking to get a general sense of interest at all. (To be safe, people should assume full custom shop pricing or, at best, a slight volume discount for it.) Just brainstorming at this point, trying to be realistic.

Comment

I don't think you'd have any problems finding 25-30 people for a strathead with a Floyd, assuming the price is not outrageous (and full custom shop pricing is not outrageous, in general).

Depending on the timing and my financial situation at that time it got done, I'd be interested, pending final specs, of course.

Comment

Full custom shop pricing?
        I'll buy the real deal, thanks. The price tag will be close enough.

Comment

Make it with a tilt-back headstock so there will be no need for stupid string trees. And make it with 24 frets! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            Make it with a tilt-back headstock so there will be no need for stupid string trees. And make it with 24 frets! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
              Full custom shop pricing?
              I'll buy the real deal, thanks. The price tag will be close enough.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Sorry, Chuck. I don't understand what you meant by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are kidding? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, no, I'm not. I'm totally serious.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

HERE WE GO!
                  it's starting all over again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

......where's the popcorn ?

Comment

What Outlander said. Hee hee.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ah yes, deja vu all over again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I missed the fun the first time around.

Comment

It all began here ... http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=1;t=001947

Pack a lunch if you are planning on reading the whole thing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by OUTLANDER:
                            HERE WE GO!
                            it's starting all over again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

......where's the popcorn ?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it probably won't work. I was the first to say that, wasn't I? But IMHO it's worth trying anyway. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It'll be best to wait until all the news from NAMM is in before even attempting anything, anyway. I mean...who knows? Doubtful, but maybe you can get the Retros with Floyds, and we just don't know it yet.

Comment

Yes, everyone wants something different - Floyd, no Floyd, no string-tree, 24 frets, dots, no dots, maple board, 22 frets, on and on ad nauseum. It will not work. Maybe I'm the jerk here, but I don't get the facination with stratheads. As someone here said, stratheads belong on strats.

Comment

Working...
                              X