Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Ramanaski/ Fire Guitar Thread...

Umm...where did it go? Why?

Re: Tim Ramanaski/ Fire Guitar Thread...

From what I heard one of the Admins deleted it.

Not saying the admin heres don't have a right to do that, but I would like an explanation.

I didn't even know tim, but I do know that someone here got dealt a bad card in life and alot of us opened our hearts to try to make a bad situation a little bit better.

So why is that against board policy??

rich

Comment

I was wondering where it went. There are far too many people with an interest in that story for it to just disappear. I have not heard anything of the kind (that it was deleted), didn't even think of it, but I was wondering where it went. I thought maybe it was moved. It was up for like 5 days with a zillion replies, a bit late after all that to decide to delete it. Anyway, what's up with it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I was wondering the same thing Chuck until I got an email from Scott who informed me that it was removed by an Admin. The good news is it raised enough to pay for the SL2HT trans Black USA Jackson Soloist.

I thought the board members did a truly remarkable thing but raising funds for a JCF brother in need...regardless if it broke the board rules or not (sure the admins had their reasons). There are some great people on this board and the true colors shined.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just wish someone would explain the problem and te reason it was deleted. I agree the admins here are some of the best Ive ever seen. Just curious is all.

Don

Comment

Not saying the admin heres don't have a right to do that, but I would like an explanation.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My understanding is the thread was moved.
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Doug Emailed me and said it was "Moved" may have meant removed?? By an admin for further review to see if it fits the forum? I can only speculate that since a specific vendor was involved that there may have been some kind of conflict.
              My PERSONAL feeling is what the FUCK is the problem? It's just a one time deal to help out a friend who most of us don't even know. Some guy offered to get the guitar at cost who just happenes to be one of the dealers on this forum. So the fuck what? It seemed like all the members where behind it and thought nothing of it. It was good for spirit and comunity. And if the members don't have a problem what IS the problem? After all isn't this forum for the MEMBERS? If not for us there would be no forum at all and no place to put up banners and advertise anything. I realise this is a privatly owned site but what the hell. If anything this has turned me off to this site as seeming to be a wholy comercial venture run by folks more concerened with protecting their backers than doing what is right as humans.
              After all I thought Jackson/Charvel was all about "Fuck You" and to hell with political correctness.
              There sure as hell should have been at LEAST an explaination as to what the hell was going on.To just yank it is wrong in my humble opinion.

Comment

When trying to get a point across it is often more effective to defer from phraises like, "What the fuck"" especially when you're on a tyrade against admins and moderators.

an explanation would be nice. But Kevin says it got moved, Which means it's still around here somewhere, maybe getting reviewed. You got enough money for what you wanted to do....so it really doesn't matter ALL that much.

Things like charity guitars can be established through PM's and e-mails anyway. ....and hey, when my apt burns down, (not do to arson..I swear [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) you guys feel free to donate a guitar to me as well....much appreciated thanks. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

When trying to get a point across it is often more effective to defer from phraises like, "What the fuck"" especially when you're on a tyrade against admins and moderators.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Um thank you as I'm really tired from just getting in to the east coast from NAMM. My first reaction was to rip him ...

I'm not sure on what the deal is with it yet other than it was moved for review. I do have to say this. We have had other longstanding members go through the same thing without anyone so much as raising a finger for them. I'm curious why those got overlooked yet now we are complaining about one thread being moved ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Take two. Now sanitized and with correct spelling! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Doug Emailed me and said it was "Moved" may have meant removed? By an admin for further review to see if it fits the forum? I can only speculate that since a specific vendor was involved that there may have been some kind of conflict.
                    My PERSONAL feeling is what the F ( darn heck ) UCK is the problem? It's just a onetime deal to help out a friend who most of us don't even know. Some guy offered to get the guitar at cost who just happens to be one of the dealers on this forum. So the f ( dangit ) uck what? It seemed like all the members where behind it and thought nothing of it. It was good for spirit and community. And if the members don't have a problem what IS the problem? After all isn't this forum for the MEMBERS? If not for us there would be no forum at all and no place to put up banners and advertise anything. I realize this is a privately owned site but what the hell. If anything this has turned me off to this site as seeming to be a wholly commercial venture run by folks more concerned with protecting their backers than doing what is right as humans.
                    After all I thought Jackson/Charvel was all about "F ( Fooy on you )uck You" and to h (H E double hockey sticks) ell with political correctness.
                    There sure as h ( heck )ell should have been at LEAST an explanation as to what the hell was going on.To just yank it is wrong in my humble opinion

Comment

Guy's....Please....Please don't let this turn negative. We all did a great thing that we should all feel good about! I really don't want a group effort to end up in a pissing match....I think that would bumb us all out.

The Admins said they would talk it over...I trust that. Most of them were gone when this all went down, so let's give them a chance to catch up, and see what they decide.
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:

I'm not sure on what the deal is with it yet other than it was moved for review. I do have to say this. We have had other longstanding members go through the same thing without anyone so much as raising a finger for them. I'm curious why those got overlooked yet now we are complaining about one thread being moved .. [/QB]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can only do what we can do. I mean If I give a buck to a homeless guy in SF do I have to go around and give a buck to all of them? Is it not more to make one person's life a little better then to do nothing for anyone?

Comment

Look it over? See what they decide? What possible rules were broken here? Who's nose got bent, which I think is more to the point?

Kevin, I've been here a long time. Name me one other member who's lost everything in a fire that was discussed here.

Comment

I don't think this will turn into anything negative I trust everyone is only doing what they think it right. I did kind of take offence to there being no explanation however. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure if this is true, but don't hold helping someone out against us. If I had been around for the previous happenings, I would have helped then too. People are complaining because it seems very "cold" that the thread would have been deleted.

do have to say this. We have had other longstanding members go through the same thing without anyone so much as raising a finger for them. I'm curious why those got overlooked yet now we are complaining about one thread being moved ..
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
                              X