No announcement yet.

Tim Ramanaski/ Fire Guitar Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tim Ramanaski/ Fire Guitar Thread...

Chuck email me I'll tell ya .I wont put his name on the board under this but I was reminded of this today ...

As for this thread being moved go back and read my answer .. I DUNNO WHAT THE DEAL IS YET!!!!

All I did was ask a question here I didn't give a definitive answer... I've literally only been home a few hours ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

If not for us there would be no forum at all and no place to put up banners and advertise anything. I realize this is a privately owned site but what the hell. If anything this has turned me off to this site as seeming to be a wholly commercial venture run by folks more concerned with protecting their backers than doing what is right as humans.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is a rediculous statement ... how long have YOU been a member to warrant even saying this??? We do not go out of our way to protect our backers. BUT .. Without those backers you have no JCF to come and complain that it's too commercial for you. It's too bad that this whole subject has turned to this now. Any one of you guys could have emailed any admin and just asked why. it would have been looked into and we wouldn't be here dealing with this.
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
        Kevin, I've been here a long time. Name me one other member who's lost everything in a fire that was discussed here.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can think of one. He posted here himself and mentioned it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A Canadian JCFer lost one or two guitars in a blackout-related fire last year.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by donovan:
            Take two. Now sanitized and with correct spelling! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Doug Emailed me and said it was "Moved" may have meant removed? By an admin for further review to see if it fits the forum? I can only speculate that since a specific vendor was involved that there may have been some kind of conflict.
            My PERSONAL feeling is what the F ( darn heck ) UCK is the problem? It's just a onetime deal to help out a friend who most of us don't even know. Some guy offered to get the guitar at cost who just happens to be one of the dealers on this forum. So the f ( dangit ) uck what? It seemed like all the members where behind it and thought nothing of it. It was good for spirit and community. And if the members don't have a problem what IS the problem? After all isn't this forum for the MEMBERS? If not for us there would be no forum at all and no place to put up banners and advertise anything. I realize this is a privately owned site but what the hell. If anything this has turned me off to this site as seeming to be a wholly commercial venture run by folks more concerned with protecting their backers than doing what is right as humans.
            After all I thought Jackson/Charvel was all about "F ( Fooy on you )uck You" and to h (H E double hockey sticks) ell with political correctness.
            There sure as h ( heck )ell should have been at LEAST an explanation as to what the hell was going on.To just yank it is wrong in my humble opinion
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">y'know what? fuck you, plain and simple. it was moved, and that's it. we reserve the right to do that whenever the fuck we want, and if you have an issue with that, go find the fuckin door.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              y'know what? fuck you, plain and simple. it was moved, and that's it. we reserve the right to do that whenever the fuck we want, and if you have an issue with that, go find the fuckin door.

sully
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully...now now there bud...just tell him what you really think. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hail Sully! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

har har...in all seriousness, i'd first like to say that it's a rather touching thing for you guys to have put together. that is VERY VERY cool. this should have been something kept off the board, though. a simple post about what you'd like to accomplish, followed with an "email me if interested" would have been a preferred way to go. however, that's setting an interesting precedent here; don't do for one what you wouldn't do for all is what comes to mind.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, this is a good point. But i think things have changed since then (at least for me). Back then, I felt like much less of a member, and I think things have gotten more organized since then. I don't even know Tim, so this wasn't a biased movement for me in the least. I would be sure and help anyone in the same position.

Rich

don't do for one what you wouldn't do for all is what comes to mind
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Sully,
                      Thanks for clarifying what you mean (not the F#*ck you, hit the bricks part), the other part. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I understand that it wouldn't be fair to "pick & choose" who get's treated special, and who doesnt in a situation like this. Maybe we could call for an amendment to the JCF Constitution. To insure that this will go thru the proper channels the next time something like this comes up.

I think everyone involed is pretty proud of what was accomplished here...I know I am! Maybe this whole thing could serve as a lesson in what to do, but how to do it differently (if that makes sense). In hindsight, it could have been handled differently, but, emotions were running high, and we were all focused. Our goal was met very quickly. It shows what this membership is made of!!

Please be a part of this, and enjoy what we have accomplished with us...That would mean a lot, to all of us!
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Oh well, the thread met it's objective so there really is nothing to publicly complain about.

Comment

sully:
                          y'know what? fuck you, plain and simple. it was moved, and that's it. we reserve the right to do that whenever the fuck we want, and if you have an issue with that, go find the fuckin door.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hate it when Sully sugarcoats........ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                            sully: </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> y'know what? fuck you, plain and simple. it was moved, and that's it. we reserve the right to do that whenever the fuck we want, and if you have an issue with that, go find the fuckin door.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hate it when Sully sugarcoats........ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LarryLangell:
                              Oh well, the thread met it's objective so there really is nothing to publicly complain about.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its
                              [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Well, except for that.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X