Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meetin' & Greetin' at NAMM (the name-dropping thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meetin' & Greetin' at NAMM (the name-dropping thread)

Hey Guys,
    I have to say I really enjoy moving in different circles in the music industry. Between living here in LA, being involved in the local metal scene, going to NAMM every year, working at GC, and last but not least, hanging here with all you crazy fuggers, I usually have friends/acquaintances/enemies/actress/model/whatevers/occasionally even enemies come up to greet me (or I go up to them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) at all kinds of concerts/conventions/events I attend.
    And now, here's a list of all the people I met and had nice conversations with over the last few days at NAMM. You may have heard of some of them.

JCFers:
    Atomic Tommy
    KMaynard
    Tekky
    Jeremy (Sandman)
    Brad K (XXX)
    Pat (PStang)
    Scott (scaz)
    Roodyrocker
    Curt (Hellraiser)
    Ian (YouThinkYourFish)

Industry/Artists:
    Mike Chlasciak (Halford, PainMuseuM)
    Dan Lawrence (Jackson, GMW)
    Lloyd Grant (very early Metallica)
    Dick Dale and his cute son Jimmy
    Dan Fastuca (Jet Black)
    Paul Gilbert (RacerX)
    Michael Angelo
    dudes from Atreyu
    Dave Mustaine
    Floyd Rose
    Tim Wilson, Mike Kotzen, John Walker (Jackson)
    Donnie Wade (Gretsch)
    Steve "Dino Vaselino" (GMP)
    Jeff Genzler (GenzBenz)
    Mark Cameron
    Marsh Gooch (ESP)

Local artists:
    Dave Watson
    Justin Bouchee (Artisan)
    Nav Moondir (Nightmare)
    RJ Blaze (Jugulator)
    Adam Michaels (Deception)
    Mike Bear (Artisan)

Now, guess which person's ass got kicked? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Meetin\' & Greetin\' at NAMM (the name-dropping thread)

Let's see..."Doc Dryer...Doc Dryer...NOPE...Doc AIN'T ON THAT LIST !!!

...Am I THAT FORGETTABLE, RON ?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...OH WELL...Since I DON'T RATE RACER'S LIST...{and I'm GUESSING that THIS is BECAUSE I WOULDN'T DRIVE OVER to his HOUSE - AFTER the Show Saturday night - to do FREE SETUPS !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] }

HERE is THE ANSWER to da BIG QUESTION...

Since Mr. Roman's RATHER ROTUND POSTERIOR was UNAVAILABLE to FEEL the "WRATH OF DA RACER"- {ALTHOUGH - RUMOR HAS IT that "ER" has a STIFF NECK from CONSTANTLY LOOKING OVER his SHOULDER for a 6'7" CRAZED C/J PLAYER whose Engineer Boot TOE had HIS NAME ON IT !!!!} [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...and NOW...the ANSWER to the $64,000.00 QUESTION !!!!

Pictured is our VERY OWN ADMIN, KEVIN MAYNARD - SEEN HERE with HIS GLUTEOUS MAXIMUS being the UNWILLING benefactor of a "RacerX BOOT-LEATHER SUPPOSITORY" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Lemme guess! Dick Dale's son's!

wait, you said KICKED... not 'angrily molested by a cryptozoological mystery' [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I want to say Donnie's, but knowing him he'd turn around and pop your head off like you were a rather large Pez dispenser. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
        Let's see..."Doc Dryer...Doc Dryer...NOPE...Doc AIN'T ON THAT LIST !!!

...Am I THAT FORGETTABLE, RON ?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Yes I did forget you Doc! Oh man, and after all those phone calls I made to that hotel that you were never in! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Meetin\' &amp; Greetin\' at NAMM (the name-dropping thread)

Oh BTW, Doc, that's some mad picture takin' skillz there, boyee! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
            RUMOR HAS IT that "ER" has a STIFF NECK from CONSTANTLY LOOKING OVER his SHOULDER for a 6'7" CRAZED C/J PLAYER whose Engineer Boot TOE had HIS NAME ON IT !!!!}
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thanks for clearing up the pic, Doc. I was about to ask if Monster Magnet were hanging out in the Jackson booth this year! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

dang...almost forgot...got to meet one of my favorites there (amongst others)...George Clinton
              ("Tear the roof off the sucka!")!!! Rainbow hair and all!

Comment

Cool thread Ron, besides meeting JCFers I also met or saw the following there:

Steve Vai
                Paul Gilbert
                Michael Wilton (Queensryche)
                Alan Holdsworth
                Frank Gambale
                Andy Timmons
                Craig Chaquico (Jefferson Starship)
                Dave Mustaine
                Dave Elefson
                George Lynch
                Bruce Kulick
                Ronnie James Dio
                Joe Walsh
                Albert Lee
                Metal Mike
                Dan Fastuca
                Paul Stanley
                Tom Araya
                Mike Mushok
                Rudy Sarzo
                Wayne Charvel (Thanks Ron for telling me where to find him) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Dan Lawrence
                Jim Marshall
                Edel Diaz, John Walker, and Mike Kotzen at the Jackson booth
                and for the grand finale............ Dave Daskal from The Average Joe Hawaii [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Maybe Remcarr can post the picture for me as he has a copy of it.

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

how do I get my name on the list? I was there a little while, and took a couple pictures [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brooks
                  www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Hey Brooks, I did say "besides JCFers..." [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Seriously though, it was nice hanging out at the Jackson booth with you for while. Hope to see you there again next year.

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X