Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I LOOK LIKE the "MAD BOMBER" TYPE ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I LOOK LIKE the "MAD BOMBER" TYPE ???

Well - FIRST, let me say what a DISTINCT PLEASURE MEETING EVERYONE at the C/J display at NAMM Saturday AM, and having NOW the ABILITY to put FACES with the NAMES...

BUT...a LITTLE TRUE STORY here...

With my FEET feeling like BLOODY HAMBURGER from ALL the WALKIN' I had done on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Show, I decided this AM {Sunday} to DISS my evening confirmed seating flight with "AMERICA WORST AIRLINES" for my return to Denver, and to GO AHEAD and fly out STAND-BY on the FIRST FLIGHT outta LAX that would get me home - a 7:00AM early-bird that would get me home in time for the AFC and NFC Playoff Games...When I called America West Saturday evening, I was told it WOULD be POSSIBLE, but to BE AT LAX - BY 5:15AM - so I would be FIRST {or ONE OF the FIRST} on the "STAND-BY LIST", as available seating is on a first-come-first-served basis...

To make a long story SHORT[ER}, Space Tape Dave {whom was GRACIOUS ENOUGH to put me up - YET AGAIN THIS YEAR} came into the bedroom I was bunked in at 6:10AM - stating that HE and Roland from www.rolsguitars.com {our "3rd Muskateer" this year who was ALSO staying at Dave's} had JAMMED WAAAY LATE, and he had OVERSLEPT HIS ALARM by an hour and change - but that we "should HAUL ASS - RIGHT NOW"...I had the foresight of having my bags FULLY PACKED the night before - INCLUDING my TRUSTY, OLD Zero-Halliburton 3-suiter - into which my foam-lined tool caddys - NEATLY and TIGHTLY PACKED with ALL of my LUTHERIE TOOLS - and THESE were nested around my aluminum Zero-Halliburton camera case, which was loaded with my digital camera, 4 Nikon SLRs and scads of lenses, filters, etc. - and JUST to be on the SAFE SIDE, I had 2 nylon security straps tightly cinched and taped around the big outer case - IN THE EVENT that the "American Tourister GORILLAS" that DOUBLE as America Worst baggage handlers decided to DRAG it to the cargo hold on the plane with a golf cart - that it WOULDN'T SPRING OPEN, scattering high-dollar cameras and equipment to the 4 winds...

WELL, EVEN THOUGH Dave BROKE the "Bonneville Flats World Land Speed Record" and the speed of SOUND to the airport, the check-in lines were MURDEROUS, and a red-jacketed airline supervisor informed me that the 7:00 was NOW OVERBOOKED, and my BEST BET was to CHECK MY BAGS and catch the 9:44 flight - I had NO OTHER CHOICE at that time...

Well, as is CUSTOMARY when checking bags for stand-by, INSTEAD of just being tagged and put on the conveyor belt, the airlines and/or the TSA {the NEW airport security GOONS} - run your baggage through one of their "X-RAY/SNIFFER" machines, which USUALLY look like a CAT-scan machine machines, and get tagged "TSA-Approved" for a later loading into the cargo hold of the flight that has room to accomodate your flying stand-by - pretty MODERN machines {USUALLY}...Well, GOOD OLD America Worst {after coming out of TWO bankrupcy filings} - DOES NOT HAVE the MODERN type of machines - THEIR SCANNERS look like a stainless steel counter out of a restaurant, with an ANTIQUATED gizmo in the middle, covered with flashing lights and meters - resembling the "MAD SCIENTIST" equipment from a '40s Boris Karloff/Peter Cushing monster movie, and it spits out little gauze "pads" that are APPEARENTLY MOISTENED with some sort of "nitrate detection fluid", and 2 rubber-gloved FLUNKIES take the pads and rub them over the luggage handles, hasps, edges, etc. - APPEARENTLY to double-check the machine's sniffer to see if any explosives are present...

{and JUST for the RECORD - I have NEVER, EVER SEEN SO MANY POLICE OFFICERS at ANY AIRPORT as I saw at LAX this morning - groups of 3-5 flat-foots walking around, a BUNCH of motorcycle cops - zipping around and writing TICKETS like "Grant took Richmond",other officers with SNIFF DOGS, etc. - We are talking TIGHT, HEIGHTENED SECURITY here - and NOT that THIS is BAD}

WELL...After setting my bag on the monster-movie machine, TSA rubber-gloved FLUNKY # 1 - goes in back, and WITH him are TWO - TSA SUPERVISOR FLUNKIES, and I am asked to come over to the side, which I do...I am informed that MY BAG has FLAGGED AN ALARM, and that THEY are GOING to HAVE to OPEN and INSPECT it...Now, THIS BAG took FOREVER to pack, and was packed like one of those Chinese wooden "Hellraiser" Puzzle-boxes, and I told them - "BE MY GUESTS - BUT..There is a PLETHORA of HIGH-DOLLAR CAMERA EQUIPMENT and TOOLS in there, and that IF they are going to UNPACK IT -to PLEASE BE CAREFUL, and to REPACK it CAREFULLY and so it ALL FITS...I THEN asked the one TSA goof - "Out of CURIOSITY, Sir...WHAT did my bag TEST POSITIVE FOR ??"...to which he replied...

"NITROGLYCERIN !!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

The "THREE STOOGES" THEN commence to TEARING THROUGH my bag - TRYING to pull camera lenses and disassemble cameras, RIPPING out lining and foam, SWABBING away with the gauze pads, etc, etc, etc, etc...

About 90 MINUTES LATER, when they were SATISFIED that I was NOT "THE UNI-BOMBER", they started CRAMMING GEAR BACK IN, and they WILL NOT ALLOW YOU to TOUCH the bag OR the table - EVEN AFTER they have given it the "ALL CLEAR", and FLUNKY #1 was SMASHING DOWN on the bag - PRACTICALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN on the bag to CLOSE it, as the OTHER FLUNKIES were scabbing "TSA APPROVED tape" on it in an EFFORT to KEEP IT CLOSED !!!!

TWO HOURS AFTER I ORIGINALLY set the bag down, I had to sign some papers, and was ALLOWED to proceed to the regular airport security, where a MICROSCOPE was JAMMED UP MY ASS, and I BARELY MADE THE FLIGHT !!!!...Upon arriving at my home, I OPENED this CHINESE FIRE DRILL of a re-pack job - ONLY to be GREETED by SMASHED lens hoods and lens cases, hinges and latches torn loose, ripped-out linings, and BROKEN dividers !!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

NEXT SHOW.....I BELIEVE I'll take A GREYHOUND BUS !!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Do I LOOK LIKE the "MAD BOMBER" TYPE ???

That sucks dude. See, you should have come to my house after all! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I would've put you up, and you could've taken a nice relaxing train ride to the airport. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Do I LOOK LIKE the "MAD BOMBER" TYPE ???

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
      Do I LOOK LIKE the "MAD BOMBER" TYPE ???
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, yes! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Do I LOOK LIKE the &quot;MAD BOMBER&quot; TYPE ???

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
        ...I am informed that MY BAG has FLAGGED AN ALARM, and that THEY are GOING to HAVE to OPEN and INSPECT it...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it was your breath that set off the alarm!

Wahahahahahahahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Poor Doc. What a bastard of a way to get home. Maybe Ron's is the safest bet next year. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Vic

Comment

Ron...I WAS...with WAS being the KEY WORD in THIS SENTENCE......gonna tell you to SHIP BOTH GUITARS to me in Denver.....and I would do TWO SETUPS for the PRICE of ONE !!!!

NOW
            ...after the
            Maybe it was your breath that set off the alarm!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SETUPS for RacerX {ONLY} will be TWO for the PRICE OF THREE !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, Doc [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              And remember - nothing but second-best will do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your damages and hassles - any way you can hit them for reimbursement?

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Man, I thought you were going to talk about getting a "Mad Bomber" Charvel graphic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about all the crap you went through at the airport.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What a story! I thought stuff like that only happened to me. I got a similar treatment in Greensboro, NC last year, and for a while it looked like I was gonna have to strip to get on the plane. It's a shame it's come to this. If the airports had only done a half ass job pre 911, none of this would be necessary now. Anybody remember getting hassled by security before then? I've seen guys on Southwest flights in TX with buck knives strapped to their belts just walk onto the plane. I've carried toolboxes many times with all kinds of stuff in them, and never got a second glance. Now, it's full body cavity searches for everyone! I think I'd try to get reimbursed for the damage.

Comment

Last year at Hartsfield in Atlanta TSA really put me through the ringer. I was told it was because of my shaved head and para-military boots. Damn, I didn't know going bald and wearing Rockport hiking boots were signs of being a terrorist. The whole time they were grilling me, six or seven fellows of Arabic origin were allowed through with no problem.

Comment

Same thing with me. They single out the redneck, then let a dude wearing a turban walk right on the plane. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I thought they should have at least unwrapped it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

everytime I fly its usually the middle eastern guys getting checked, that was true especially right after 9/11.. now its more random.. also, guys with Turbans are hindu's, the most peaceful guys there are [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I wouldn't worry about them...

That sucks about all your stuff Doc.. I fly so often that now I don't even wear a belt, carry change, or pack anything more suspicious than a razor.. it ain't worth the hassle.

Comment

When the wife and I flew to visit relatives over Christmas, we were confronted with the problem that you can't take wrapped gifts on the plane anymore, even in your check-ins. So we just got gift cards for everybody. Not a lot of thoughtfulness, but it sure did make our shopping easier! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your problems, Doc. You ought to try to get reimbursement, but I wouldn't count on getting it. The government has made it just about impossible to recover damages in that situation, from what I understand.

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of whiny little bitches [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Up until a few months ago I was one of those TSA "GOONS". But I got sick and tired of every fucking body thinking I'm picking on them. People just going off on my ass because I searched their bag for the 3rd time because i can see that god damn knife they got in their carry-on on the X-ray screen. And they will deny it's there until I find it stuck in the lining of the bag. Oh all those tiny swiss Army knifes that are given away as advertising? Those are family heirlooms. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

That ANTIQUATED gizmo Is much more hi tech than the larger machine.. If fact if the larger machine thinks it finds something they send it to the gizmo. The nitroglycerin the machine found was prob from some liquid hand soap someone who touched the bag used. (One of the main ingredients is glycerin) Oh and golf bags set it off all the time (from the nitrates used in the fertilizer on the courses).

Oh DON"T FUCKING TOUCH THE TABLE! (oh it's just a table it doesn't do squat) that Fucking Hand soap will cause the next 10 fucking bags to go off too. As far as the broken stuff... that sucks! but really don't pack the bags so tight, I have had bags explode open from all the shit stuffed in them. If you want I'll try and dig up the address you can get the forms to clame damages. Oh and the joy of digging around in dirty underware.

Trypp Powell Naaa you weren't singled out because how you look... when your done checking someone you HAVE to take the next person. It's called continuous screening and it how you avoid profiling.

Done venting now... I'm just pissed that I couldn't deal with the asshole passangers not I have no job/money.

Comment

It sucks to have to go through that, but it beats having your plane flown into the side of Cheyenne Mountain trying to hit NORAD. That "Hindu" wth the turban could be a Pakistani in disguise too; a layman couldn't tell the diff as they are both ethnically Indian racially. It's a cold cruel world now and for the next 50 years
                              so we have to deal with it.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X