naam story (you'll cringe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naam story (you'll cringe)

i made my way up the escalator to take an excited look at the new charvies with great haste and anticipation. my heart was pumping more blood than usual on this day as i knew i was soon going to be holding a strathead charvel
    and i was also going to get to meet some of the
    people that i disgust each and everyday here. what a great day indeed, but the very first encounter left me laughing, shaking my head, and with the feeling that i needed to dole out an atomic public bashing. the kind of bashing you give when you go into a guitar shop and somebody is playing real loud while they are just hacking a great song or solo to ribbons.
    here was my first encounter at NAAM-
    i walk towards the charvies, and there are two kids standing in front of them who were about 14 or 15 years old. there were some fender reps with some fairly important looking people gazing upon the charvies as well. one of the kids slowly drags his index finger across the bullseye
    and says pretty loudly to his other uninformed friend-
    "man, this is so weak!!!, they're totally ripping off ZAKK!!!!"
    the reps and the big wigs had a funny look on their faces, and the atomic fruitloop had to jump in and straighten sh1t out right away.
    i told him that he must only open his mouth to change feet as zakk is "totally" ripping off
    charvel. i then told them exactly this-
    "nobody, and i mean nobody makes a better slingin' axe than charvel/jackson!! end of story.
    when you learn how to play you will realize this."
    the fender reps were pretty psyched, the kids blew out of town quick, and yours truly had to take off his leather jacket and flex my flourescent piss yellow colored charvel tattoo on my right arm. i felt great. kids these days!!!
    it was great meeting everybody, racer ron,mayday,strangle-pat, doc,sid,and all. me and tekky had some lobster last night at the arches in newport beach. it was cool. next year i will have a beach bender at my house. everyone is invited.

tommy
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: naam story (you\'ll cringe)

not to be an ass, but i assume you knew all when you were 14?
    i sure didnt, and still dont

Comment

"Sniff" Kinda brings a tear to the eye Atomic!! Well done!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

How did the damn kids get in there in the first place? Must've sucked off somebody important to get some passes.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that it took until the late 1980s before someone thought to put a bullseye on a guitar.

But Zakk Wylde was still a nobody when I was 14.

Comment

Originally posted by ChlorineRR4:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Tommy knew all when he was 2. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The all seeing,all knowing Atomic Noodle Guy!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Atomic Charvel Guy really does have a good point though. Kids these days... *shakes head* Before a visual or aural stimulus reaches their brains for processing, a response will fly out of their mouths. Teens think they're invincible little braggarts. You'll see it when they drive cars, when they disrespect their peers and elders, and just the way they always carry around that "invincible" attitude towards life and everything. I'm 20 and don't conduct myself like that, but I used to be that way when I was in my early teens. *shakes head in shame*

Comment

Bloody hell, I get that a lot over here with my Bullseye Charvel. Hell, even the guys at the local store who know I'm a Charvel nut said "Zakk" type things when I took it in to show them. They and everybody else get a thorough talking to about the history of Charvel.

I would have done the same thing if I had been flown over to LA and given NAMM tickets, and spending money, and a big ass house, and a Ferrari, and a boat, and a.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ChlorineRR4:
                    i sure didnt, and still dont
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, Tommy set 'em straight, so they didn't continue to walk around ignorant and spouting shit that'd embarrass 'em later. He did them a favor, and Zakk would probably backhand the kids if they said that to him. Zakk respects the history and tradition of rock and metal.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

when i was 14 i only knew and participated in correct and upstanding activities such as-
                      fatty rolling
                      bong shopping
                      school absences
                      chasing chickiedoodles
                      being a headache to all involved
                      and rock and roll

i knew more when i was 14 than i do now.
                      i guess i just did not want any rain on
                      the new ressurection of these guitars that we have been waiting for forever.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

So instead of taking the perfect opportunity to explain that bullseye graphics are older than they are, you just sort of laughed and pointed at them. No wonder people hate J/C guitars... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I got an idea [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] No kids at NAMM [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, Tommy did it right - set the arrogant little bastards straight ASAP so they can be the "all-knowing" among their peers who will undoubtedly also sneer at the "original bullseye" that Zakk loves so well [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What is this "naam" you speak of? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X