Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: naam story (you\'ll cringe)

Originally posted by RacerX:
    What is this "naam" you speak of? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, you beat me to it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure that 14 year old kid at least knew how to spell the trade show he went to. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

What is this "naam" you speak of? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">National Assosiation of Asshole Merchants
      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, because nobody here was an annoying little tit when they were 14. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            Yeah, because nobody here was an annoying little tit when they were 14. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell BM....it's been so long I don't remember!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I'm pretty sure I was though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I was a very polite, shy & quiet 14 year old. AKA "geek" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A-Tommy...

Did you INFORM these 2 little "zit factories" that when the ORIGINAL owner of the guitar with "THIS BULLS-EYE GRAPHIC" {Mr. Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda} was playing it - about 20 YEARS AGO !!!}

And that - 20 YEARS AGO - young HAKK WYLDE was in his CRIB - LOADING his DIAPERS and smearing "POOPIE PICASOS" on his nursery walls ?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Zakk Wylde crapped his pants until he was in high school? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

eww

Comment

I think alot of us "old guys" forget that being an obnoxious, know-it-all, U-can't-tell-me-shit-cause-you're-over-twenty-five-and-uncool is pretty much standard operating proceedure for teenagers.

I know, I was one once, so were some of you guys (I think). [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I don't blame them for not understanding the history behind some of the guitars. At least they think Zakk is cool, and not Suckmyknot..

Educate 'em, kick em in the ass if they need it, then let it slide.. 'cause it's good to be young. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wait, you're supposed to grow out of that? It's only a PHASE? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I thought it was a way of life. I'm going to start being nice now.

or not.

Comment

No it is not a phase, we are all "legitimate for life 100% assholes". And as such it is manadated in the JCF decree to be in full character when dealing with 14 year old "know-it-alls". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Besides it can be fun.

Disclaimer: I used quotes and probably incorrectly, oh well life goes on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          Wait, you're supposed to grow out of that? It's only a PHASE? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I thought it was a way of life. I'm going to start being nice now.

or not.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I find I'm getting a little more grumpy in my older age. I'm sure to be like Walter Matthau in Grumpy/Grumpier Old Men. If only I could find my Sophia Loren. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thumbs up for the leader of us at Charveloxleyland. Destroy all the little worms.

Comment

I was a very polite, shy & quiet 14 year old. AKA "geek" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And now you're a loud, odd, english loving "geek". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

good topic...I just had this converstaion of sorts with a fellow forum member a couple nights ago on the phone...it is quite sad that for the most part its the guys in the 35-45 range that are interested in these guitars... sader still that they have no idea zakk copped the graphic. along with many current artists re-using a multitude of stlyes and sounds we grew up with....but in the defense of "the youngs", I will say when I was 12-18 I wanted nothing to do with a fender,gibson, gretsch of anything else that fit into or pertained to my parents age group.....all I hear from my sons bandmates is why dont you play a prs ?
                                strat head or mccarty ? hhhhm easy choice....
                                my first guitar was an es-335 gibson...I wanted a white '79 dean elite.....I was furious opening the case to a hollow bodied chunk 'O f#Ck gibson....I kept that guitar till I traded it away in '85 for J0705..to this day the best guitar I have ever played.. looking back on it, I was very fortunate that my father was a musician and got me a quality guitar...I couldve started on a canoe paddle as many did....
                                on the other hand my eldest son now 17, plays an '85 holdsworth charvel.....he has a great appreciation for these guitars and is quite knowledgeable on them..., he also has a reissue charv and an '82 hamer sunburst ... he seems older for his age and has an eccentric approach to gear...grasshopper was taught well !!!john

Comment

Working...
                                X