San Dimas Retro Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Retro Update

A few people have asked me about specifics on the guitars shown at NAMM. Here's the deal.

There are 2 models available, they're the Bullseye and the lightning bolt Star. I had thought the cross swords was one as well, but that was a one off Custom Shop guitar.

Orders will only be accepted for a limited time on these 2 guitars. An exact cut off date to get orders placed isn't determined yet.

Approximate delivery dates are: May-June on the Bullseye and September on the Star.

Here are the specs on each.

MODEL NAME: USA San Dimas Retro Guitar
    SERIES: USA Limited Edition
    COLORS: Bullseye Graphic – Red and White
    BODY STYLE: Charvel San Dimas
    SCALE LENGTH: 25 ½”
    NECK: Hard Maple
    PICKUPS: 1 Seymour Duncan Humbucker
    PICKUP SWITCHING: N/A
    CONTROLS: Master Volume
    WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4"
    FRETBOARD: Maple
    BRIDGE: NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo
    HARDWARE: Gold Hardware and Brass Bridge
    FINISH: Gloss Polyester
    CASE: Included
    NO. OF FRETS: 22
    MACHINE HEADS: Schaller
    UNIQUE FEATURES: NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo, NOS Charvel Strap Buttons, Adjustable Truss Rod, Dot inlays.
    LIST PRICE: $2999.99

MODEL NAME: USA Star Retro Guitar
    SERIES: USA Limited Edition
    COLORS: Lightning Bolt Graphic – Blue and Red
    BODY STYLE: Charvel Star
    SCALE LENGTH: 25 ½”
    NECK: Hard Maple
    PICKUPS: 1 Seymour Duncan Humbucker
    PICKUP SWITCHING: N/A
    CONTROLS: Master Volume
    WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4"
    FRETBOARD: Maple
    BRIDGE: NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo
    HARDWARE: Gold Hardware and Brass Bridge
    FINISH: Gloss Polyester
    CASE: Included
    NO. OF FRETS: 22
    MACHINE HEADS: Schaller
    UNIQUE FEATURES: NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo, NOS Charvel Strap Buttons, Adjustable Truss Rod, Dot inlays.
    LIST PRICE: $2999.99

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: San Dimas Retro Update

Uh oh, there might be a few unhappy campers here. But, at least there are two options to get a Charvel strat head!

Comment

How dare they use Schaller machine heads instead of Gotoh!!

Comment

Slightly pricier than we were thinking. I'd like to have one, but with the v-trem and the availability of cool pointies for considerably cheaper, I can't imagine plopping down the cash.

But I'm glad they made them available and hope they do well with them.

Comment

willie, i share your outrage....get the torches! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyway, rp, as far as pricing, you're lookin at 15-1800...not too bad, really.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was thinking a $2,999 list would end up at closer to $2K retail, for the most part.

If it's as low as $1,500 or even $1,800 retail, that wouldn't be bad at all. $1,500 would probably be the upper limit of what I would be willing to spend personally for something like that.

Comment

eh, general rule of thumb is 50-60% of retail. probably over 15, but i'd say under 1800.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

To those who really likes the stratheads, that's not bad at all. And if there weren't any cheaper pointies coming, I'd be more interested and probably willing to pay a little more.

Of course, getting a Bullseye pointy might not be that much cheaper than the retro one.

I was thinking 65% of retail was more than norm on the lower end of the price/deal spectrum. Perhaps I am just not shopping at the right places. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

HELP! I'm slipping back into the 80s and it feels good.Where is my spandex? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm assuming they'll be about $1800-$2000. Not a bad price, I think. But I want my custom Jackson Strathead. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, time for a new campaign. Bring on the Jackson Stratheads!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update, Matt. Much appreciated.

Yeah, that price is pretty reasonable. And, Matt, is there any info. on the neck dimensions?

Too bad I'm just not interested in the vintage trem, single-hum layout. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] (to be continued)

Comment

I'll let the "gotta have it" guys pay 15 -18 hundred bucks for a 1 hum bolt on and I'll scoop up a used one in a couple years for $750-$850.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dealer cost on a $2999 list price guitar is going to be approx. $1500. I can't imagine any dealer selling these for less than $1999.

Very, very cool guitars and something everyone cried for so it's totally cool that FMIC is building them. Not my personal cup of tea but extremely cool none-the-less.

As soon as they correct the nut-width on the pointy "Standard" guitars, sign me up for a Floyded Star for $880 less.

Comment

Richard
                              Member # 1052 posted January 22, 2004 07:41 PM
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              HELP! I'm slipping back into the 80s and it feels good.Where is my spandex?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm wearing them!
                              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                              X