Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Retro Update

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
    Sometimes I count screws when Im lying in bed and I can't sleep...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
      It's a sixteenth of an inch. A SIXTEENTH OF A BLOODY DAMNED FREAKING INCH. You want to know how utterly miniscule that difference is? I'm not sure if my proto V has a 1-11/16" nut or a 1-3/4" nut because I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE WITHOUT FRIGGIN CALIPERS! Personal preference is cool, I have my own preferences (1-5/8", thank you), but at some point you have to say "Eh, fuck it, that's close enough." It's not like you're going to get a custom strathead for under $2000, unless you go GMW or Warmoth, which have been options for years.
      [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] It's a sixteenth of an inch. A SIXTEENTH OF A BLOODY DAMNED FREAKING INCH... at some point you have to say "Eh, fuck it, that's close enough." [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

It makes you wonder if this is a musician's forum or an engineering forum...

Well said, BM.

Comment

Be careful there Ralphie boy .. 1/16 of an inch here is a mile ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey Kev, Black Mariah said it, I was only adding 1/16 ounce of opinion to it... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X