Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expedia.com/Crowne Plaza Anaheim NAMM issues (Long post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedia.com/Crowne Plaza Anaheim NAMM issues (Long post)

Well for those of you that were with me found some comedy in what I'm about to print here. It was the subject of the weekend within our group while we were at the hotel. I decided to warn other people here so they don't get taken in the future by this scam.

I booked my hotel room about a week ahead of time through expedia.com. We flew out and stayed in riverside at my brothers until Thursday when we were to check in at the crowne plaza just down the street from NAMM. When I booked my room for 3 days the charges came to $435.00 and this doesn't include the so called ($7 a day resort fee) In booking expedia offered 2 queen or 1 king sized bed, I chose 1 king.We were pretty happy about staying near the show and in a nice hotel when we drove down to Anaheim on Thursday morning.

When we got there we met Jeremy and his brother Mike in the parking lot and they were able to check in early that day. We weren't as lucky because there were no rooms avaiable for check in at the time we arrived. We were told they would hold our room and to leave our bags with the bellhops until we came back for our official check-in (which we did and headed to NAMM)

Upon return they took an imprint of my credit card gave me a key and sent me to our room. When we walked in the room looked great, A couch chair,Table,Tv etc. I thought it was great that we had gotten a Jr Suite. Well upon trying to open the door to enter the bedroom I realized there was no other room let alone a bedroom.When I went back down and asked the clerk where my bed was he replied in the couch (It was a fukkin pullout cot!!!) I told him we wanted another room and he said that there were no more they had been booked up and to further add insult they refused to refund my money to go to another hortel stating they had already been paid in full for the room.

After a little prodding by Brad Kelley's wife my wife decided to go down and play ***** . Well we still go nowhere except now they offered a free breakfast and told us to deal with expedia on the issue. We took the free breakfast and decided to call expedia upon return.

I called expedia monday night and explained my dilemma to them and was told by theor rep that they don't offer gurantees on room and they have a disclaimer that states they may not be able to honor all requests. I explained as a consumer that they can give me equal or more value but if they downgrade they HAVE to refund a portion of my money.... guess what they refused. Then as a token they offed a $50 coupon off my next expedia booking... Ha! You fucked me and won't help me and now you want me to use your service again .. no way.. so I didn't take the coupon.. Instead I called my credit card co and explained it tom them and they told me that they can't do that and they are disputing the charges. They have taked the charges off of my bill .....

While expedia has a disclaimer nowhere within their website does it state you can have a pullout couch. Furthermore by their own definition a standard room is a king or 2 queen sized beds ...

I'm letting all you guys know this so if you decide to use them you know that they can scam you and not give you a cent back ...and probably wont .... I hope no one has to get ripped off like that by these big internet co again ...this really sucks!!
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Expedia.com/Crowne Plaza Anaheim NAMM issues (Long post)

GReat post!!! I stopped using those online services and just book right with the hotel. There have been too many mess-ups between the online service and the hotel. It seems the online services makes all these promises they can't keep, then you get to the hotel and you got some crummy room. Hotels.com is another one to watch out for.

Save yourself hte aggravation....pay the extra $10/night and just book with the actual hotel you want to stay at.

Comment

Thanks for the informative post - I had thought about using one of the heavily advertised online services (Hotels.con and Expedia.con) but I guess I'll just go straight through the front desk [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
        GReat post!!! I stopped using those online services and just book right with the hotel. There have been too many mess-ups between the online service and the hotel. It seems the online services makes all these promises they can't keep, then you get to the hotel and you got some crummy room. Hotels.com is another one to watch out for.

Save yourself hte aggravation....pay the extra $10/night and just book with the actual hotel you want to stay at.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't have said it better. Sorry to hear about the problems Kev..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

We've already had a few discussions about this, but "hopefully" the CC company will handle it properly, I realize it doesn't help much after the fact, but at least you won't have to pay for the screwjob!

We booked our flight the day before we arrived, and booked the same hotel direct the day before, that was definitely fkd!

As for the comedy, it wasn't really, just trying to lighten a BAD situation, as I would hope you know by now...

Anyway, good story, I was wondering when you were going to post it. You should really find some other forums more appropriate to these types of agencies so people who do travel more are aware of the nightmares that could certainly happen. Also, how to get their money back, after losing a lot of bookings and having to deal with chargebacks, I think a lot of these hotels will start thinking twice about who they allow into their reservation systems.

Till next year!

Pat

Comment

Yikes, and I thought I had it bad at the Comfort Inn right next to the RT 5 on ramp. At least I had a king size bed to lay on while I attempted to sleep through the wail of 18 wheelers and Harleys getting on the highway!

Matt
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

As for the comedy, it wasn't really, just trying to lighten a BAD situation, as I would hope you know by now...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah Pat I knew you guys were just trying to lighten it up a bit .. hope you didn't think I was implying I was mad at you guys for that I wasn't .. thought it would add to the story if people knew I got my ass rode for it a bit .. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

A simple question. what does this hotel booking issue have to do with this category?
                Msybe we need NAMM specialized category to talk about hundreds of NAMM related threads.
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm planning a spring break trip to Cancun, so would you recommend for me to just call the hotel and airway directly to get what I need? Cuz I have come across some great deals on websites such as www.studentcity.com and others, but after reading this I'm somewhat paranoid.

Comment

A simple question. what does this hotel booking issue have to do with this category?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I got lucky. I used expedia, and booked a room and round trip flight for a pretty good price. I got the King size bed and non smoking room I requested. I never realized that they can screw you that way. Thanks for the heads up!

Ken

Comment

That totally blows! What a joke. Sorry for the troubles, Kev. Hopefully, your credit card company comes through for 'ya in the end.

I usually try to do a little shopping around before booking travel. I've got to say - unless you're just taking off to wherever there happens to be a good deal at the time - I can't ever remember a time when one of those internet sites like Expedia ever offered the best rate and/or quality for an already-determined destination. Even if you do find something attractive through the site, call the hotel and book directly with them anyway. They'll almost always honor the same deal as, most of the time, you're cutting out a middleman for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                          Msybe we need NAMM specialized category to talk about hundreds of NAMM related threads.
                          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I only book my hotels using these guys www.priorityclub.com.
                            they have never done me wrong. I stayed just across the I5 at the HOLIDAY INN AT THE PARK. I have stayed there about 7 times it is a nice place.

chris

Comment

You really do need to watch it with those online services.

I recently was on a business trip, and got a decent price on a hotel for three nights through Orbitz. I wrapped up my business early, so I checked out a day early. Unfortunately, the hotel was a pre-pay with no refunds, so even though I only stayed two nights, I had to pay for three. It wasn't money out of my pocket, my company had to pay it, but I was still pissed. I refuse to use such services now. I book right with the hotels. Higher price, but greater flexibility.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X