Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Charvel Strathead w/Floyd Limited Run – Do You Want In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Charvel Strathead w/Floyd Limited Run – Do You Want In?

Pat,

I'm curious what your quantity of "limited" means. Have you discussed this with a dealer to get it off the ground? I had this discussion directly with the Jackson reps and I'm kind curious if you have different info than I have gotten ... if ya want drop me an email
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Nope, Kev. As stated in the original post, I have had no discussions with a dealer yet, and don't plan to unless and until the group comes together and agrees on specs. Otherwise, I may just be wasting a dealer's valuable time. ...I think I know what you're saying, though. It could be approached differently, and that might increase the chances of success. I did give that some thought. Judgement call.

As to what "limited run" means: I'm speaking about numbers only. Not looking to name the run, get special serials #s, or anything like that. As little as ten, hopefully more. Entirely dependant on the group. The more the merrier. And, of course, depending on what J/C might accept.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Pat drop me an email so we can discuss privately ... I'll give ya some direction
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

One was already on the way. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

back at ya big guy

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
              Guys, I know the comments and suggestions of "do it this way or that instead" are well intentioned.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I apologize for being expansive with my answer.

Though I do think coming back by again once the specs are hashed out and final might pick up another buyer or two.

But now I'm just being expansive again.

Comment

From what I've been told, they won't build any strat head guitars other than what's currently being offered. It doesn't matter how many you want to order, they just won't do it.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

shreddermon, if you want to see it become a reality, then make every choice for the guitar yourself and see who gets on board with you. You will NEVER get it together leaving options open because you will never get everyone on the same page. When I tried to do one here, I couldn't even get enough consistent desires for the body wood, much less color or electronics.

I am not sure what the policy is now, but last I knew if you made any changes to wood, you were going to pay custom shop prices. That negates the select prices for them and most people wont want to pay that much for a Custom Shop unless they were built to thier own specs.

Matt

Comment

I agree with Matt(OSG). Spec it out to your specs and see who jumps on board. I know the agony of a limited run with trying to get everyone on the same page, was nearlt imposible [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Good luck-Jack.

Comment

great idea ! i cant buy one now but is this not what everybody wants ?? sounds cool ! this is a good thing , i wonder if jackson stratheads arnt to far away ! seems not ! very cool future !

Comment

An update: Without saying too much, this effort is being shelved for a little while. Looking at some alternative approaches, and trying to get more info. along those lines. Thanks to those who expressed interest and support. Hopefully, it will return in the not-too-distant future.

Comment

Working...
                        X