Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Randy Rhoads Grouping....20+ yrs in the making...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Randy Rhoads Grouping....20+ yrs in the making...

No problem Ian. I may have some interesting news on that very subject pretty soon.

Brett

Comment

i had serial number- RR001
      harpoon head polka dot sandoval v. it is hanging at neal's now [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by YouThinkYourFish?:
        Is Racer onto something.....hhmmmmmmm [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I think you just got some sort of sick fish fetish...

Weirdo!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Breakin' News....Fish story coming soon!!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hey Brett...My goal is to own one of each of the Rhoads LTD's that were made....at least hopefully. One day.... We shall see. Very interested in hearing what you are fishing up...no pun intended..
          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Fish, Fish, Fish

Comment

Yeah, Fish needs one of these [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like someone's cig burned back a little too far! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yep....that would be correct...got any thoughts on how to get a close one to Randy's??? Anyone??..

Top Fish [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

who is Randy Rhoads? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

just kidding...nice collection
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ian...I think I read that Randy's LPC was a 72' model IIRC which was stock.

Comment

I believe that Randy's LPC was a 1974 model, I'm sure that Sully could set us straight on this. It was very close to stock, but he replaced the backplates with brass ones, brass rythym/treble plate for the 3-way switch, and brass 'pointers' for each of the 4 knobs. I know that he also had "Randy Rhoads" engraved on the pickguard. Randy also used Schaller (the absolute best) straplocks on all of his axes. Was there any other mods that I missed?

Comment

Very well could be a 74.....We'll have to consult with Sully for the verdict.

I didn't know about the other mods either [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Damn....time to hit the net again and re-edumicate myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

There was a guy on E-bay selling all of the brass parts to make a LP look like Randy's. I think he even had the points for the knobs.

I have a LP, but I want a White/Creme LPC!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, JimmyAppollo of course I still have my custom shop Mystic Rhoads! That is THE greatest Jackson ever made [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            YouThinkYourFish, I will try to shoot some better pictures of it and repost them. There were some posted before but the body color is bit too dark. Its the same Mystic color used on the Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci model except mine was built by Jackson before EBMM ever thought about that color [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, JimmyAppollo of course I still have my custom shop Mystic Rhoads! That is THE greatest Jackson ever made [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              YouThinkYourFish, I will try to shoot some better pictures of it and repost them. There were some posted before but the body color is bit too dark. Its the same Mystic color used on the Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci model except mine was built by Jackson before EBMM ever thought about that color [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X