trouble with guitarxpress, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with guitarxpress, anyone?

It's been 12 days since I've ordered my guitar...Lloyd from guitarxpress said I'd be seeing my guitar in about 7-10 days.

12 days, no guitar - not even a deduction from my bankcard. Not to mention I'm now not able to contact them - no answer via phone or email. I'm beginning to think I made a big mistake.

Re: trouble with guitarxpress, anyone?

I wouldn't worry. NAMM seems to slow everybody down for a week or two. He might be on vacation still in Cali.
    If you are that worried, try to do a stop payment on the order, if you used a check card.

Comment

I spoke with Lloyd by phone while the NAMM show was in full gear. He was at his home (I guess, it was the phone # from the website). I don't think he attended NAMM. I haven't seen any new NAMM guitars added to his website like he did for the summer NAMM show. I dunno....maybe he's sick. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

He was at NAMM and the orange county guitar show ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I bought a Warrior from Lloyd in December. No problems at all but for some reason he didn't have a case for it in stock and had to get one from Jackson before shipping it to me which added a bit over a week. I don't believe he charged my card until mine shipped out either.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

hey,i am running into the same scenario,ordered from guitarxpress a few days ago,and have heard nothing...i have left several messages,just wanted to talk to a human for that kind of money,but have not heard anything,and the money has not been taken from my account yet...i was getting on here to ask the same thing,but seen this...what is up,i want my guitar!!!does anybody know the guy enough to contact him??this is killing me...

Comment

I just bought a guitar from them, earlier this month. Lloyd sent me an email, telling me that the guitar I wanted was out of stock, and asked if I wanted to substitute it for something else. He then sent me a tracking number, when the guitar shipped. I wouldn't worry too much. They're probably busy, after NAMM, and the holidays. I'd try calling him tomorrow, maybe at a couple different times during the day.

Edited because I think faster than I can type.

Comment

If you haven't lost any money, don't stress about it. Lloyd will get back to you. If you have no money and no guitar, then it's time to worry!

Comment

Don't Worry I bought 3 guitars from Lloyd over the last 2 years and he is very trustworthy I've never had a problem. Once I called his 800 line and he was driving in his car and talked to me while he was driving. Sounded a little drunk but he got me what I ordered so relax you are in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
                    Don't Worry I bought 3 guitars from Lloyd over the last 2 years and he is very trustworthy I've never had a problem. Once I called his 800 line and he was driving in his car and talked to me while he was driving. Sounded a little drunk but he got me what I ordered so relax you are in good hands.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice combination [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can confirm that Lloyd was indeed at NAMM and the Orange County shows. I was at the same motel for NAMM myself and we ate together on several occassions. I think he occassionally checks his home messages through his cell phone. So it is possible you called him at the number listed at the site but talked to him on the road miles away.
                      I've bought a few guitars from Lloyd and Guitarxpress has always been top notch with me. I'm sure Lloyd will get back to you.

Rudy
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

The first time I ever spoke to Lloyd on the phone he sounded higher than Cheech and Chong combined. I met him a few months later and it turns out that's how he always sounds. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I WOULDN'T CONCERN myself...I've done quite a bit of biz with Lloyd, and he is A-OK...

Comment

Driving drunk, talking on a cell phone and selling a guitar all at the same time??? Sounds fun!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Damn...high as cheech and chong, driving and talking while drunk...

I need to go into guitar retail.

Comment

Working...
                              X